Piano Forum

Topic: Nocturne 72/1 in E Minor Chopin  (Read 4398 times)

Offline justliam

Nocturne 72/1 in E Minor Chopin
on: April 13, 2006, 11:14:38 PM
Again on a turn keyboard lol, but what can ya do, so bear in mind again pedalling is bound to be poor.  But comments very much welcome.
\\\\\\\"That\\\\\\\'s not a gadget Michael, that\\\\\\\'s just monstrous use of a Biro.\\\\\\\"

Offline justliam

Re: Nocturne 72/1 in E Minor Chopin
Reply #1 on: April 15, 2006, 08:42:20 PM
Hey guys, anyone thats downloaded it I'd really like some feedback, I'm pretty sure it aint perfect lol
\\\\\\\"That\\\\\\\'s not a gadget Michael, that\\\\\\\'s just monstrous use of a Biro.\\\\\\\"

Offline wzkit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2006, 05:35:12 AM
Overall I think this is a very commendable attempt. Your musical ideas are clearly there (and they're pretty good ideas at that), what needs to be worked on now is refining the execution.  For starters, I would keep the left hand softer, place that accompaniment in the background (while still phrasing it the way you do).  More can also be done to shape the melodic line I think, and lastly, don't slow down too much at the running notes.

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2006, 08:08:33 AM
Nice attempt on such a crappy piano  ;)
poor you.
Hard to give decent comments since you probably cant express yourself on this piano and i think the problem of slowing down too much comes from the very limited possibility to express in volume instead of speed.
1+1=11
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert