Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven Sonata - help!  (Read 2731 times)

Offline qwerty quaver

• PS Silver Member
Beethoven Sonata - help!
on: April 27, 2006, 05:46:39 PM
Hi!!!

I am currently playing the first movement of Beethoven's Sonata no.3 op.2 no.3. (the one where there are thirds* in the first two bars at the right hand, see the attachment).

from bar no.97 to 108, I experience a lot of muscle tension and cannot get through all the semiquavers*.

furthermore, I cannot practice this movement too long, because I get shoulder pain due to the partial recovery of a shoulder dislocation. :-\

How can I practice without pain and get those bars right?

I understand that one has to know the piece to comment but I would really be thankful for any advice.  ::)

QQ

* I hope I have correctly used these terms to describe the specific places I am referring to since I study under the French system and am not familiar with them... :-[
There's nothing remarkable about it. All one has to do is hit the right keys at the right time and the instrument plays itself.
- Johann Sebastian Bach

Offline chopinfan_22

• PS Silver Member
Re: Beethoven Sonata - help!
Reply #1 on: April 28, 2006, 12:25:31 PM
I personally don't know the piece, but maybe it has to do with your posture at the piano?
"When I look around me, I must sigh, for what I see is contrary to my religion and I must despize the world which does not know that music is a higher revelation beyond all wisdom and philosophy."

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert