Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO: More of Mozart K282 (including parts 2&3)  (Read 3884 times)

Offline arielpiano

• PS Silver Member
VIDEO: More of Mozart K282 (including parts 2&3)
on: May 30, 2006, 07:45:47 AM
Here is another version of the first movement of K282. I played this sonata at a concert last Friday.
www.arielpiano.com/Music/mozart282part1.wmv
Very bad filming (please close your eyes) but very good piano.

Offline teresa_b

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: More of Mozart K282
Reply #1 on: May 30, 2006, 12:47:34 PM
Wow, two K282's in a row! 

Anyway, you did great!!!  (How old are you?  You look very young in the video.  And what's with that boy who fidgeted in the front row?  You were right, it's better not to watch because of HIM.  :P

You play beautifully and with a lot of feeling for the music.  I would say the same thing to you that I said to riga on the other thread--Keep the left hand quieter for the most part.  Especially when that little "oom-pa-pa-pa" thing comes in--it sounds a little bit too mechanical--I would make it softer and with less emphasis, keeping the lovely RH melody out there. 

Keep studying, you have wonderful talent!
Teresa

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 30, 2006, 01:08:06 PM
Haha! You are such a talented yong person, arenīt you? For an 8 year old you are fantastic. Hahs... you could play the part for the young Mozart If they where filming Amadeus right now ;D.  Very funny, how that boy (wich is older than the one ho is playing) in the front row couldnīt pay a atention to the piece for a single moment.... Thatīs what happens when you have to much PS2 on your life! ;)

Keep up the good work, Ariel!

Offline zheer

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2006, 07:18:55 PM
  ::)
" Nothing ends nicely, that's why it ends" - Tom Cruise -

Offline gilad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2006, 09:36:06 PM
wow, ariel, saw your website, great stuff my man. loved all your videos too.
"My job is a decision-making job, and as a result, I make a lot of decisions." --George W. Bush,

Offline JP

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 31, 2006, 03:25:41 AM
Fantastic Ariel!

Keep it up!!

Offline arielpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 31, 2006, 01:59:09 PM
Thanks guys!
Big thanks for writing nice things about my music.

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: June 01, 2006, 05:46:34 AM
Beautiful! You make it sound as if you invent the music there and then! Especially lovely is the little run leading up to the Bflat in bar 13, and Eflat in bar 31; and the trills you do in bar 14 and 32.
In bar 21 I think the quarter-note Bflat after the trill should be held all the way until the B natural, preferrably with the left hand being released about half-way. It creates such a beautiful effect, I think. Have you tried it?
You hit the wrong harmony in beat 3 of bar 24, is that a misreading or just a slip of the fingers?

All in all, there's lots to admire in your playing and I look forward to hearing more!

Offline arielpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: June 01, 2006, 10:24:39 AM
Big thanks!
I did hear the mistake, it is just a slip of my fingers.
In bar 21 I think the quarter-note Bflat after the trill should be held all the way until the B natural, preferrably with the left hand being released about half-way. It creates such a beautiful effect, I think. Have you tried it?
I don't remember trying it, but I will try.
I am posting parts 2 and 3 as an audio file. This I played at the same concert as part 1, but I didn't like the video because it was irritating. I make small mistakes in bars 27 and 66, but don't pay attention to that.

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: More of Mozart K282 (including parts 2&3)
Reply #9 on: June 03, 2006, 05:21:50 AM
You transmit a lot of joy and fun in your playing! Also, there is drama and beauty! How lovely you play those descending scales in bars 7-8 & 25-26 of menuetto I! It almost feels strange to call them descending scales, because, typical of Mozart, his scales are so melodic, and this quality you manage to bring out very well here. You have good control of dynamics, and create some wonderful effects with that, such as bar 14-15.

You manage the difficulties in the last movement very well! There are places where one has to find a trick or two, for example bar 80-81. I'm planning to do a little "artistic" ritardando there, which seems to work well. Alternatively, one can try to play all notes, c-eb-g, with the right hand so the left hand can move calmly to the next position.

Just a word on so-called "clarity"; I think this is a quality achieved by distinguishing the voices with great care. The typical way is to play accompaniment "sotto voce" and melody "espresivo". On the other hand, that can easily lead to the pianist forgetting what his left hand is doing!:-) I think your left hand is perhaps too loud in general, but on the good side of it is that you seem to listen equally well to both your hands!

Offline arielpiano

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO: More of Mozart K282 (including parts 2&3)
Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 04:44:54 PM
There are places where one has to find a trick or two, for example bar 80-81. I'm planning to do a little "artistic" ritardando there, which seems to work well. Alternatively, one can try to play all notes, c-eb-g, with the right hand so the left hand can move calmly to the next position.
Indeed, I had problems in bars 80-81 and 92 (in the jump of the eb's). My teacher advises me to solve them by "breathing." That my left hand is too strong I know, I have to fix it practicly in all the pieces I play. Maybe, because I play a lot of Bach. You can see my practice Bach video uploaded on Pianostreet. Listen to Gould play the menuets, if you want to hear really loud left hand. Thank you for all the nice comments.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert