Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: schubert impromptu 4  (Read 9670 times)

Offline skt1991

• PS Silver Member
schubert impromptu 4
on: December 21, 2006, 03:48:13 AM
hey its my first post on this site. yay.
im gonna schubert impromptu op.90 no.4 for a recital i hav coming up and was wonderin couple things and hoped to ask thoe who hav alrdy learned it.
1st how long did it take to memorize and get it performance rdy?
2nd did u hav ne problems on certain areas so i can check it out beforehand and c if i hav problems with same area n i could ask for advice
sum1 graded this at 7-8 abrsm is that about right?
hope ppl reply. l8rzzz

Offline debussy symbolism

• PS Silver Member
Re: schubert impromptu 4
Reply #1 on: December 21, 2006, 05:15:02 AM
Greetings.

An incredible piece it is. I played it and the most difficult aspect of it was making it beautiful. The opening measures, the arpeggios have to be entirely immersed in pedal, but make sure each note is audible and isn't blurry. Voice the chords. That is very important. Make the chords flow. Middles section, again voicing and make sure everything is flowing and even. To me, the trio section is the most difficult because it is very hard to make it sound beautiful. As always, make sure the accompaniment chords in the left hand are very quiet, but not lacking in a full tone and evennesss of notes. Make sure to highlight the melody line in the right hand above the accompaniment. If you have any specific questions please feel free to ask.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert