Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: chopin nocturne c# minor posth  (Read 3317 times)

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
chopin nocturne c# minor posth
on: February 15, 2007, 02:43:23 AM
here's something for sleeping.  the first part reminds me of a mother saying 'go to sleep my ba-by'  and then the lullaby starts.

Offline rob47

• PS Silver Member
Re: chopin nocturne c# minor posth
Reply #1 on: February 15, 2007, 07:18:57 PM
it would be nice if you sustained your trills all the way till the last possible fraction of a second before the next note

respect
"Phenomenon 1 is me"
-Alexis Weissenberg

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 15, 2007, 10:58:52 PM
i'll try that.  what made me try it this way is measure 8 (or nine - if you count the first measure twice).  you see the trill ending on the fourth beat exactly.

but, i'm going to do what you suggest with measure 3 and 11 (at measure 11 making the trills triplets and ending on the last triplet ornament moving up).

**i'm experimenting with something else- too - and that is keeping triplets in measure 3 and using the C# as the first of the last triplet (and then playing e and f#).

Offline imbetter

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 16, 2007, 01:57:26 PM
hey I play this nocturne to! Your left hand accompanyment when you have those grace note runs is supposed to say the same as the rest of the piece, so either speed up the grace note runs or slow down the piece entirely.

I agree with rob, you need to sustain your trills.
"My advice to young musicians: Quit music! There is no choice. It has to be a calling, and even if it is and you think there's a choice, there is no choice"-Vladimir Feltsman

Offline opus10no2

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 16, 2007, 02:15:14 PM
Too fast, your speed demon roots are showing.  :)
Da SDC Piano Forum :
https://www.dasdc.net/

Offline pianistimo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 16, 2007, 02:43:37 PM
yes.  i've been working on those runs.  but, hey - i just learned the piece this week.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert