Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Favorite J.FIeld Nocturne and any in Grade 4-5  (Read 3589 times)

Offline rlefebvr

• PS Silver Member
Favorite J.FIeld Nocturne and any in Grade 4-5
on: March 15, 2007, 04:33:49 AM
Wondering what everybody's favorite J.FIeld Nocturne is and if any can be played by a  Grade 4-5 student
Ron Lefebvre

Ron Lefebvre © Copyright. Any reproduction of all or part of this post is sheer stupidity.

Offline allthumbs

Re: Favorite J.FIeld Nocturne and any in Grade 4-5
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2007, 09:22:45 AM
I like his Nocturne No.5 in Bb major.

For Grade 4/5 students, if you are talking about RCM levels, parts of it may be above them.

ABRSM no problem.

Cheers

allthumbs
Sauter Delta (185cm) polished ebony 'Lucy'
Serial # 118 562

Offline leahcim

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: March 16, 2007, 02:08:45 PM
Wondering what everybody's favorite J.FIeld Nocturne is and if any can be played by a  Grade 4-5 student

A teacher gave it to me, I couldn't play it well [and reached that phase where I played the first bars so badly for so long that I don't like it any more and never want to hear / touch it again - I think this is the 'practise, practise, practise' method's biggest problem :) ] but the notes aren't particularly difficult to find.

Personally, given a teacher that could tell me what to do I would just play one of Chopin's if you want to play a nocturne.

Offline phil13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: March 16, 2007, 02:10:24 PM
I simply must echo what Bernhard used to tell folks and say that No.4 in A major is the very best of the Field nocturnes. No idea what grade it's at, though.

Phil
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert