Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: youtube  (Read 1316 times)

Offline the_duck

• PS Silver Member
youtube
on: March 31, 2007, 10:52:18 AM
greetings!

i'm going to be video recording and uploading a load of pieces over the next week and i have a couple of questions that the esteemed frequenters of pianoforum might be able to answer. firstly i was wondering whether i should also post up a work in progress version of the winter wind. i've got most of it up to speed now, i just haven't brought up the middle section. anyway, is it bad form to post a piece which isn't finished yet? because it would be helpful to hear some constructive criticism while i'm still working on it.

the "finished" pieces (if there are such things) that i'll be posting are:

chopin c#minor prelude, op.28, chopin nocturne op.9 no.1, chopin nocturne op.27 no.2, schumann vogel als prophet, liszt transcendental etude no.1 (the easy one  ;))

now that i look at that list i realise that i REALLY need to start learning some baroque/classical stuff.....

this will be my first ever attempt at posting videos online, so i was also hoping for some practical help. i'm planning on using youtube to post them up, but i've heard that the video/audio often gets out of sync when uploading to youtube. is there any way around this?

thanks in advance

edd

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Re: youtube
Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 03:04:08 AM
In my limited experience with YouTube, the videos that I uploaded and were out of sync were those that I transferred from my digital camera without any editing.  When I imported into Vegas then rendered and uploaded, those versions the sound was in sync. 
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach

Offline ronde_des_sylphes

• PS Silver Member
Re: youtube
Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 11:20:21 PM
I've never really had any serious problems with sync; but certainly there are plenty videos there where there clearly is a problem. My hunch is that almost all videos are in sync BEFORE uploading and some then go out of sync when youtube processes the initial video files - and that this is something to do with the sample rates of the audio and video within the uploaded video. I'm sorry I can't be more helpful, but it seems to me that the fault must be something to do with the way in which youtube converts your video files to flash video.
My website - www.andrewwrightpianist.com
Info and samples from my first commercial album - https://youtu.be/IlRtSyPAVNU
My SoundCloud - https://soundcloud.com/andrew-wright-35

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert