Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What kind of repertoire?  (Read 1498 times)

Shagdac

What kind of repertoire?
on: March 02, 2004, 01:10:53 PM
Just wondering what kind of repertoire everyone "specializes" in playing. I'm thinking many of you play almost all classical music, but wondering how many enjoy jazz, contemporary, christian, etc...types of music as well, (playing). And besides teaching, is anyone employed as a pianist anywhere? Thought it would be fun to see how we share our common passion of the piano in different ways! :)

shag

Offline frederick

• PS Silver Member
Re: What kind of repertoire?
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2004, 10:12:12 PM
I'm employed as a church musician (pianist), so the only music I have time for these days is church music.  Our choir sings a variety of music, both contemporary and traditional.

Offline bitus

• PS Silver Member
Re: What kind of repertoire?
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2004, 02:19:40 AM
On sundays I play in 3 churches... one traditional, one contemporary and a romanian (at night). It's very busy schedule, but i love it and i'm far from doing it to show-off or money.
I also play in jazz band for my university, and from time to time i play for random events.
The Bitus.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert