Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Chopin Nocturne 32/1  (Read 3589 times)

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Chopin Nocturne 32/1
on: May 01, 2007, 08:37:34 PM

This was recorded in November, I was preparing for an exam in March, so it's not at the standard that it is now. But still, I'd appreciate people's comments :)

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin Nocturne 32/1
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2007, 09:18:40 PM
Comment my damn video! Even if it's mean!

Offline lau

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 07, 2007, 11:10:14 PM
i thought it was pretty swell, a better piano is always good..and you're the person who said my fantasie impromptu was awesome weren't you?  8)
i'm not asian

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 08, 2007, 09:44:21 PM
I would have played my upright but it needed tuning :)

And yep! it was awesome!

Offline piano121

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 02:28:20 AM
Hi. Itīs nice overall, I would just sugest to work more on evenness on the notes. specialy on Some of the ornaments it gets a little messed up. sometimes you rush it a bit, I would like to hear all the notes very clearly. You might work on the second part, specialy the doble notes about 1:22 and the trill on 1:16. I woul like to listen to it in a better instrument, anyway.

This is a very nice piece.  I have posted a version of it here some time ago. Didnīt got much repplies though... I like this piece a lot, but it seems most people īround here donīt care very much about it.  ::)

Here is the link anyway, if you want to take a look at it. And critique, if you like to!  ;D

https://www.pianostreet.com/smf/index.php/topic,20483.0.html

Btw, notice how in my version, the last chord changes to a major chord instead of the minor one you did. There are diferent editions fo this music. Iīm not shure which one is the most acurate, but anyway, I love the last chord as a Major chord, so I did it that way.

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 02:40:32 PM
Thanks :) Yeah I love this piece. It's really beautiful, and really subtle. I've always had a problem rushing when I play, no idea why. I need to chill  8) I'll go check yours out now.

Offline pinoypianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 02:49:26 PM
Btw, notice how in my version, the last chord changes to a major chord instead of the minor one you did. There are diferent editions fo this music. Iīm not shure which one is the most acurate, but anyway, I love the last chord as a Major chord, so I did it that way.

I ask a polish professor about this and he told me that they are both correct. He said that it was changed by chopin himself. so i think it's just up to you if you want to play it major or minor.

Offline philippa

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 03:02:32 PM
That's really interesting.

I'm gonna practice it both ways now :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert