Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: finding background music for a digital sequence  (Read 1734 times)

Offline joann

• PS Silver Member
finding background music for a digital sequence
on: March 15, 2004, 10:39:34 PM
I am looking for a website/source to provide discs for background music for piano solos.  If accompanying sheet music was available, I would be interested in that too.  I have a Yamaha DSR 1 --a digital sequence recorder and am in need of nice backups to use for standard piano pieces.

Thank you in advance,

Joann

Offline schnabels_grandson

• PS Silver Member
Re: finding background music for a digital sequenc
Reply #1 on: March 15, 2004, 11:00:00 PM
I'm not sure if this is exactly what your talking about but try here:https://www.musicminusone.com/Main/Main.html

These are cds with orchestral or ensemble accompaniment for classical and jazz pieces.  They come with the score too.
You don't have to eat garbage to know it's garbage.-Old Proverb
A good composer does not imitate; he steals.- Igor Stravinsky

Offline joann

• PS Silver Member
Re: finding background music for a digital sequenc
Reply #2 on: March 18, 2004, 08:38:36 PM
Thanks so much for the info. It is sure a great source.  It will take me a while to decide what will work for me.  Do you have any of these?  Which ones?  Are they fun?  Are they hard?  

I do have a Yamaha DSR 1 it works with a floppy disc.  I like it because I can slow the disc down to learn.  Who knows maybe these would be available for the DSR too.  

I think I will get something from Music One too.  I just have to decide.    

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert