Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Beethoven - Sonata No.26 "Les Adieux" (All movements - recorded today)  (Read 4954 times)

Offline cardinals

• PS Silver Member
 :D

Offline jlh

• PS Silver Member
No one has commented yet... ok, I'll take a listen real quick.  ;)

Not a bad recording.  I'll just make some quick comments for you to look through.  I don't have the score handy, though.   :-\

Mov 1:

Just started listening... in the intro the dotted rhythms on the turns are wrong... (you're making the dotted notes with the turns too long).

What kind of piano are you using?  I'm noticing some voicing issues as well.  Sounds like a digital piano, and if that's the case, you're forgiven much of that.  However, be careful that the pedal is not misused in a few spots throughout.

Development started to rush in the LH broken octaves section, and a few more spots as well.  MM could be helpful.

. ROFL : ROFL:LOL:ROFL : ROFL '
                 ___/\___
  L   ______/             \
LOL "”””””””\         [ ] \
  L              \_________)
                 ___I___I___/

Offline jlh

• PS Silver Member
Mov 2:

I usually take this just a hair slower.  Your general tempo should be fine but remember the character of this is not an upbeat one... also be careful that you have but 1 general tempo and that it doesn't change by the section.   :)
                 ___/\___
                 ___I___I___/

Offline jlh

• PS Silver Member
Mov 3:

Don't get too excited... you tend to rush the tempo.  You're playing this on the fast side anyway.  I would relax a bit.  This is a very lyrical movement but you're playing it like an etude.  Perhaps the piano you're playing on (digital?) has a limited dynamic range, I dunno, but this recording is a bit too much "in your face" when I would like to hear a more sensitive interpretation.

Your fingers are good, no complaints about them, but I would encourage you to find some more "colors" that you can bring out.

Best,
Josh
                 ___/\___
                 ___I___I___/
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert