Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: What are grade levels?  (Read 2890 times)

Offline TizzyLish000

• PS Silver Member
What are grade levels?
on: April 21, 2004, 09:42:37 PM
I have been playing the piano for about 7 years,and am 14.And I have never heard of grade levels. I was reading some different questions from various people and they were writing about grade levels. What does that mean? Do you know how I would find out what grade level I am at?

:)Dhanx a bunch!
Elizabeth Moore

Offline ayahav

• PS Silver Member
Re: What are grade levels?
Reply #1 on: April 21, 2004, 09:45:43 PM
https://www.abrsm.ac.uk

i believe that's what they must've meant - or something similar.

Offline TizzyLish000

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 21, 2004, 10:38:39 PM
I Still have no idea what grade levels are What do you mean "that is must of been what they meant"?
Elizabeth Moore

Offline ayahav

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 21, 2004, 10:48:23 PM
The ABRSM has a way of classifying the level of someone's playing by a series of theory and practice tests. The average person should finish one grade a year (ideally), but some skip, and some fall short...

Offline DarkWind

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 22, 2004, 06:24:12 AM
The ABRSM has a way of classifying the level of someone's playing by a series of theory and practice tests. The average person should finish one grade a year (ideally), but some skip, and some fall short...

I looked through that list, and I just had to laugh. All the pieces I could play with an incredible ease. And I've been playing for less than 4 years! Although, most of my teachers told me that I advanced at an incredible pace... so...

Offline palmtigre

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 22, 2020, 04:57:17 AM
Okay, I know this is ridiculous, but I was going around, and I believe that link above hacked into my gmail account. SO yeah. Like a few minutes after I clicked it, I got an email reading my account has been logged in from a new device. So yeah.. I don't know what I went her in the first place...

Offline palmtigre

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 22, 2020, 04:59:06 AM
It could just be a coincidence, it probably is, but still..

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 22, 2020, 05:25:09 AM
Note, this thread was started in 2004.

If in doubt of a link, paste the link into a search engine to see if anything turns up.  Looks like it has something to do with the ABRSM forums (at least at the time of this writing).  This link was from 2004, things could have changed since then.

The link above is giving me a security warning about certificates.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert