Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Need to know value Jacob Brothers 52600.  (Read 4187 times)

Offline heck

• PS Silver Member
Need to know value Jacob Brothers 52600.
on: May 04, 2004, 01:59:43 AM
I was recently given a Jacob Brothers (serial number) 52600 piano. The piano plays ok, a few dead keys... but time has been aesthetically cruel. I'm basically trying to figure out if the piano is worth fixing period, and if so how much might the piano be worth completely restored? If anybody could get back to it'd be much appreciated... Either respond here or feel free to e-mail me (if you've got the time) at heck@swissinfo.org

Thanks guys and gals,
Heck

Offline G.Fiore

• PS Silver Member
Re: Need to know value Jacob Brothers 52600.
Reply #1 on: May 04, 2004, 05:09:39 AM
Heck, the piano was manufactured in 1917. With vertical pianos the cost of restoration will always exceed the value of the instrument. Unless the piano holds some sort of sentimental value for you, I would call a Tech and find out how much it would cost to put it in playing condition. A full restoration for a vertical usually will run between $8,000 - $15,000 US.
George Fiore /aka Curry
 Piano Technician serving the central New Jersey area

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert