Piano Forum

Topic: Where did you buy your Digital Piano?  (Read 1846 times)

Offline goalevan

• PS Silver Member
Where did you buy your Digital Piano?
on: May 08, 2004, 08:42:28 PM
I'm thinking of buying a Yamaha P-120 this week, and I'm tryin to find the best deal. Did you buy online or a retailer in your area? If online, which sites offer the best deals?

Offline xvimbi

• PS Silver Member
Re: Where did you buy your Digital Piano?
Reply #1 on: May 08, 2004, 11:21:40 PM
Online dealers are usually the cheapest. Use google to get a list of vendors (Kraft Music, 123Music, etc.). Then call them. In the U.S., Yamaha does often not allow vendors to publish their lowest prices, neither online nor through email. That's why you got to call. However, if you have checked out the P-120 extensively at a particular store, ask them if they price-match, and if they do, buy from them. That would be the ethically correct way. Good luck!

Offline goalevan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 09, 2004, 09:21:32 PM
what about buying B-Stock digital pianos for a couple hundred less.. risky?

Offline goalevan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 10, 2004, 01:06:22 AM
well... just bought the P-120S, wow these things put a hole in the wallet, especially for a college student like me ; )

Shagdac

Reply #4 on: May 10, 2004, 09:05:38 AM
Goalevan, I just purchased a Yamaha Digital Clavinova CLP-120 about 1 month or so ago so I could practice late at night when others were sleeping, and use my regular piano during the day. I purchased mine thru Brook Mays Music Stores located in the United States. They had a tremendous sale (for this area at any rate), for a price of around 1500.00, which included all the tax, free pair of headphones thrown in, a sequencing system, cables, music books, etc. I'm thinking the sale price was around 1288.00, down from around 2000.00. I have until June 30th I believe to pay it off with no interest at all before that time. I shopped around both at other music locations and on-line, but this was the one I wanted, and had the best price...actually I had been pricing them for over a year. Also, I had thought about purchasing one several months before that, but the guy at the store told me to WAIT until a certain day, as it would go on sale. They also guaranteed me it would not be sold cheaper than that price for 2 years. Most places will tell you when they are having sales planned, or at least give you compensation if they offer it again cheaper. I'm very pleased with my purchase and it's already paid for itself many times over considering the use I've already gotten out of it.
Good luck, hope this helps.

S. :)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert