Piano Forum logo
September 24, 2017, 08:32:35 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Prokofiev: Sarcasms and Visions Fugitives

The Visions Fugitives, Sarcasms and Prokofiev’s own piano transcriptions of the March and Scherzo from his opera “The Love for Three Oranges” opus 33 have now been added to Piano Street’s sheet music library. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Suggested standard introductory method book for Piano?  (Read 5765 times)
el dragon
PS Silver Member

« on: June 24, 2008, 04:12:32 PM »

I play Bass, and The the standard introductory method book for double bass is written by Franz Simandl (1840-1912)

I would believe that there is such a book for Piano? Thanks!
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
el dragon
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 07:23:15 PM »

High 'brow crowd...hmmm? Is it the Bass playing part? Sorry, not everyone can be as "talented" as you folks.

I am outta here!  Wink
quantum
PS Gold Member

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2008, 03:02:16 AM »

Try moving your question to the student corner.

Because piano is a widely studied instrument for both young and old, there is such a diverse selection of publications one could use.  A good piano teacher would select music and exercises that suit your particular experience and skill. 

Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
pianisten1989
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2008, 09:57:45 AM »

there's like a billion of those books. All for different schools (russian school, with a lot of arm, the blablabla school with no arm at all etc.)

Sooo... There's the Leschitzky(somthing)-methode, which builds on hand possition
well, that's the only one I can think of now, but there is a lots more books and methods =)
bernhard
PS Silver Member

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2008, 05:07:01 PM »

Have a look here:

http://pianoforum.net/smf/index.php/topic,4405.msg40979.html#msg40979
(method books)

Best wishes,
Bernhard

The music business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side. (Hunter Thompson)
berrt
PS Silver Member

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2008, 09:04:55 PM »

Best wishes,
Bernhard
Am i the first one to notice you surfaceing....
Welcome back!
B.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: