Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Schumann/Liszt---"Widmung"  (Read 6827 times)

Offline matterintospirit

• PS Silver Member
Schumann/Liszt---"Widmung"
on: June 25, 2008, 11:01:29 AM
First draft----
"Music is the pen of the soul"

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Re: Schumann/Liszt---"Widmung"
Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 09:34:52 PM
I think that was too metronomical and the motives were not shaped. Apart from this, it was beautiful.

Offline matterintospirit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 28, 2008, 01:23:07 PM

Well, it's hard to imagine something that's metrenomic and lacking in shape, as being beautiful, but thanks all the same.

This is what I call my first draft, meaning that the piece is finally hanging together as a whole, and I have formed my general conception of the piece, and technically, it's working, more or less.

Your comments helped me to hear that the opening section just isn't breathing enough, and I'm not going far enough with my musical instincts. I'm excited about reworking that section. The rest of it,  I'm happy with-- just needs some minor tweeking here and there.

Offline thierry13

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 29, 2008, 04:57:48 PM
Your comments helped me to hear that the opening section just isn't breathing enough, and I'm not going far enough with my musical instincts. I'm excited about reworking that section. The rest of it,  I'm happy with-- just needs some minor tweeking here and there.

That's why I said it was too metronomical, but it was beautiful (the rest) nonetheless.  ;) Your tone was beautiful.

Offline matterintospirit

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 29, 2008, 05:13:37 PM
Thanks. I'm going to post another recording of it for you when it's ready. Your feedback is much appreciated.  ;)
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert