Piano Forum

Cremona Musica's 2021 Edition
The annual music exhibition Cremona Musica opened up again after its digital 2020 edition. A rich program utilizing the new worldwide digital reality to enhance the experience of the physical event. Clearly, the pandemic has not only led to thriving business for traditional instrument makers but also increased the music world's knowledge about technological solutions and its products. Read more >>

Topic: Transcription - Ravel Piano Concerto  (Read 1789 times)

Offline zhiliang

• PS Silver Member
Transcription - Ravel Piano Concerto
on: May 20, 2004, 04:18:12 AM
Dear all,

I have intended to try writing a solo piano transcription of Ravel's Piano Concerto Second movement. Is there any tips on how to start by as this is my first time attempting to write a piano transcription? Do you think its possible with this piece. Is there already a available version of this work already for solo piano?

Zhiliang
-- arthur rubinstein --

Offline liszmaninopin

• PS Silver Member
Re: Transcription - Ravel Piano Concerto
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2004, 04:33:04 AM
This is your first attempt at a transcription?  I admit I've never transcribed anything before, but I would suggest to you to start with something a bit simpler first!  Ravel's Concerto is tremendously beautiful and a great ambition; but you should probably learn some more basic transcription techniques on somewhat easier pieces before tackling the concerto.  I'm sorry that I can't give you any specifics, because as stated, I've never transcribed anything like this before.  There are probably books available, though; and maybe some other forum members have more experience here than I do.  Bernhard, maybe?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert