Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Scriabin Op 9 -1 Prelude  (Read 3847 times)

Offline guendola

• PS Silver Member
Scriabin Op 9 -1 Prelude
on: October 08, 2008, 12:52:50 AM
Due to an injury on my right hand, I started this awesome piece for left hand - bad things have their good side too :)

Ok. If anyone cares, here is an early recording of my attempts:

https://www.guendola-productions.de//scrjabin_op9nr1_01.mp3

(sorry for the many mistakes, this is the first one-handed piece ever that I am playing, I need to explore better fingerings etc. and my digital piano doesn't provide the dynamical bandwidth needed for this piece)

Two questions:

According to my sheet music, there is a f at the start of the last quarter and it seems that this goes on until the preliminary end on c-sharp minor, with just a bit of crescendo. Is that how it is supposed to be? Playing it like that up to that point is fine, but the mf in the next measure is a bit odd then.

I have a bit of trouble playing the start of measure 6, especially the b-d#-f#-b with proper accentuation. Any suggestions how to best play that with one hand?

PS: Big mistake in measure 6, the last three chords have d and not d-sharp!