Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: ­  (Read 1536 times)

Offline pies

• PS Silver Member
­
on: May 29, 2004, 01:09:25 AM
­

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Re: dropping a piano.
Reply #1 on: May 29, 2004, 04:16:56 AM
"side with the keys"??
confused,
donjuan

Offline tosca1

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 29, 2004, 05:28:04 AM
I think of pianos as people and treat them very considerately.  I would not push a person over as that could cause injury and I am sure that pushing a vertical piano over would be a horrible experience for the instrument. A few years ago, a Bösendorfer concert grand piano accidentally fell over the side of a stage here in Auckland and the piano was completely ruined as  the plate and the wooden rim were broken.
Another piano horror story that I know of was when friends in Avignon, France lost a lovely Bechstein upright in the floods there in December last year.  The piano was raised on blocks and stones in the house in a desperate attempt to save it but the swirling flood  toppled it into the water which was 1m 40 deep in the house.  Quelle horreur!

Kind regards,
Robert.

Offline pies

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 30, 2004, 08:40:30 AM
­

Offline donjuan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 30, 2004, 07:26:36 PM
thank goodness.  what the heck were you thinking?

Spatula

Reply #5 on: May 31, 2004, 06:01:31 AM
I think of pianos as people and treat them very considerately.  I would not push a person over as that could cause injury and I am sure that pushing a vertical piano over would be a horrible experience for the instrument. A few years ago, a Bösendorfer concert grand piano accidentally fell over the side of a stage here in Auckland and the piano was completely ruined as  the plate and the wooden rim were broken.

OMG A BOSENDORFER GOT RUINED????!!!! I'm So Sad!  :'( :'( :'( :'(

NOW THAT'S QUELLE HORREUR,
I would mourn for well...a VERY LONG time.. and give it a proper funeral..not to cremate it, probably bury it.
I wonder if they make coffins for pianos, and how much it'd weigh, probably take a crane to lift the thing into the crypt.  Like 3000 lbs with the coffin?  

Spatula

Reply #6 on: May 31, 2004, 06:02:14 AM
And no, I do not have a piano fetish...

:-[
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert