Piano Forum logo
November 20, 2017, 11:13:52 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Gabriela Montero – Uniting the Worlds of Composition and Improvisation

While there’s some element of improvisation (interpretation is probably a better word to describe it) in all performances of classical piano music, pianist Gabriela Montero takes this to a different level by taking requests from the audience and improvising her show. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Twinkle twinkle variation by Mozart!Help!  (Read 6381 times)
mr_skyflakes21
PS Silver Member

« on: December 05, 2008, 01:38:46 PM »

More or less, I have been studying piano for a month and a half. But before that, I already listen to classical music and accidentally, I heard of Ah vous diraije maman. This is the name of twinkle twinkle start 12 variations by Mozart. Most of you would know it. It has a main theme which is when you heard, sounds easy, but when the variation of the theme already comes, its pretty hard. I think for me. After listening to it for a long time, as a part of my night music, I already memorize the tune, and when i started playing piano, I tried playing it by ear. My new teacher was flattered, she said, "You're already learning that piece huh." I answered, "No maam I just learned it by ear."She was quite amazed. In our later lessons, she said what if I play it for the recital this summer,..I was quite awkward because the song is very difficult(for me). Can anyone give me some possible techniques I may aquire per variation? Its quite tricky..HAHAHAHA...Help...My left hand is weak...specially on the 2nd variation.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of 12 Variations on
G.W.K
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:06:43 PM »

Well, I certainly haven't heard of this before. Have you asked your teacher (if you have one)?

G.W.K
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: