Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Twinkle twinkle variation by Mozart!Help!  (Read 8256 times)

Offline mr_skyflakes21

• PS Silver Member
Twinkle twinkle variation by Mozart!Help!
on: December 05, 2008, 01:38:46 PM
More or less, I have been studying piano for a month and a half. But before that, I already listen to classical music and accidentally, I heard of Ah vous diraije maman. This is the name of twinkle twinkle start 12 variations by Mozart. Most of you would know it. It has a main theme which is when you heard, sounds easy, but when the variation of the theme already comes, its pretty hard. I think for me. After listening to it for a long time, as a part of my night music, I already memorize the tune, and when i started playing piano, I tried playing it by ear. My new teacher was flattered, she said, "You're already learning that piece huh." I answered, "No maam I just learned it by ear."She was quite amazed. In our later lessons, she said what if I play it for the recital this summer,..I was quite awkward because the song is very difficult(for me). Can anyone give me some possible techniques I may aquire per variation? Its quite tricky..HAHAHAHA...Help...My left hand is weak...specially on the 2nd variation.

Offline G.W.K

• PS Silver Member
Re: Twinkle twinkle variation by Mozart!Help!
Reply #1 on: December 09, 2008, 06:06:43 PM
Well, I certainly haven't heard of this before. Have you asked your teacher (if you have one)?

G.W.K
When I'm right, no one remembers. When I'm wrong, no one forgets!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert