Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Tchaikovsky competition 2002-what do you think?  (Read 2831 times)

Offline Sergey

• PS Silver Member
Tchaikovsky competition 2002-what do you think?
on: September 23, 2002, 05:57:48 AM
Hi ,friends!I would like to discusse Tchaikovsky competition rezults.I have heard it at all and my opinion is Nabiullin is the best!What do you think?I guess that japanese girl who took a first prize is not reall first.Where is an eniquity?And I have a question also,why did many good western pianists ignore Tchaikovsky competition?I supose but I am interested opinion yours.Thank you.(sorry for my English!)
Best wishes,Sergey!

Offline indian

• PS Silver Member
Re: Tchaikovsky competition 2002-what do you think
Reply #1 on: September 26, 2002, 06:46:28 PM
Hi,I think the Tchaikovsky piano competition is not so fair as before anylonger--my teacher is a Rassian,he told me  that,and I also know there are lots of great pianist were not allowed into the 3rd round,a very importemt  thing is, if your teacher(or your freind,etc.) is not a number of jury,you'd better not expect to get sth. from the competition. :-/

Offline anafau

• PS Silver Member
Re: Tchaikovsky competition 2002-what do you think
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2002, 06:21:15 AM
Hello! About the tchaykowsky competition,I did the conservatory in Moscow and St Petersburg,and I know very well how corrupted this competitions are,why would anybody  even bother in going there?
        I still do love Russia,I am from Argentina,and have great respect for russian pianists,I hope to comme back soon to vistit again,best wishes serguey,if you like write me in russian at anafau@yahoo.com

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert