Piano Forum

New Piano Piece by Mozart Discovered: Allegro in D K626
January 27 2021 was W.A. Mozart's 265th birthday and Salzburg and Austria celebrated this with the world premiere of one of his compositions. At Piano Street we celebrated by releasing the score of the composition, the recently discovered piano piece "Allegro in D". Download it for free and celebrate Mozart yourself by playing the piece! Read more >>

Topic: Erno Dohnanyi - Concerto Etude in F minor  (Read 1884 times)

Offline bitus

• PS Silver Member
Erno Dohnanyi - Concerto Etude in F minor
on: June 09, 2004, 10:46:01 PM
It's the first time i heard this piece and i think it's just beautifull... Any of you know more about Dohnanyi or his music?
Bitus.
Be still, my soul: thy God doth undertake
To guide the future, as He has the past.

Offline edouard

• PS Silver Member
Re: Erno Dohnanyi - Concerto Etude in F minor
Reply #1 on: June 10, 2004, 03:19:15 PM
Bitus,
are you referring to no6 'Cappricio' of the Op/28? it is in F minor and its lovely i agree with you. But i have to say that my all time favourite is no.2 in D flat major, it has a rhythm very similar to Godowsky's second version of Chopin Op.10 no2 (the Ignis Fatus one) check it out if you can. no.5 is very beautiful also but a lot harder IMHO.
On the Dohnanyi subject does anyone use his 'exercises'? are they any good? could you give an example of what they include?
yours,
e-

Offline Antnee

• PS Silver Member
"The trouble with music appreciation in general is that people are taught to have too much respect for music they should be taught to love it instead." -  Stravinsky
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert