Poll

new to piano

hi
2 (100%)
hi
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 2

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: clementi sonatin op 36  (Read 3894 times)

Offline lino747

• PS Silver Member
clementi sonatin op 36
on: June 09, 2009, 06:31:35 PM
hi!
I'm new to piano and i began to play it 4 months ago.
I play a clarinetto, sax, accordion , drums but i never studied a piano
my right hand is technically devoleped but the left one is in bad shape,slow stif .
what do you suggest for my left hand? Any boocks? or what?
and also i'm looking at the clementi sonatine ,what tempo do i play it?
Thank you, Ciaooo

Offline go12_3

• PS Silver Member
Re: clementi sonatin op 36
Reply #1 on: June 09, 2009, 08:26:09 PM
I must say, to play a Sonatina, by Clementi for a *beginner* would take a while especially if your technique is not as developed.  Go find a teacher and he'll help you with what you need to learn and shape up your skills and technique....

best wishes,

go12_3
Yesterday was the day that passed,
Today is the day I live and love,Tomorrow is day of hope and promises...

Offline ahvat

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 11, 2009, 04:07:58 PM
Yeah I agree with go12_3, what's up go12_3.

Offline xmrbrightside89

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 12, 2009, 08:30:05 PM
You should wait to play the Clementi sonatine! They too hard for your level.. You should ask a teacher to help you out with the piano!
I suggest you to take up the Beyer op. 101 and the Hanon! They really great for beginners! The beyer isn't that hard at all while the hanon will help you to strengthen your fingers ;D
This is my suggestion!  ;D
I'm so glad you wanna learn the Clementi sonatine! they so nice  ;D

Offline titulina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2010, 05:24:51 PM
Ciao!

I think you should look for Czerny - Op 599 studies's Book to develop skills in both hands.You will find exercises from the whole note until the fastest one you can play.
The Clementi Sonatina, just look at the tempo mark, grab a metronome and start finding the one suitable for you.( I think Clementi is too difficult for you if you are a beginner)
Good luck with piano. ;D

Offline dss62467

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 11:47:10 AM
That version you have looks to be a pretty simplified one, but the other posters are correct.  It takes some time to be able to play Clementi.   As far as tempo goes, keep it on the slower side.  Too many people play everything fast and it spoils them. 

There's an mp3 sample of the piece right here on Pianostreet, so listen to it.  That seems a nice tempo to me, and about where I used to play the piece.   
Currently learning:
Chopin Prelude Op. 28, no. 15
Schubert Sonata in A Major, D.959: Allegretto

Offline gnuboi

Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 04:37:56 PM
I love this Sonatina.  I'm pretty average/below-average so I didn't play it until my second or third year.  I would say a tempo of about 90 to give it a spirited speed but not too fast.  Play at a speed you enjoy.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert