Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Websites - downloads.  (Read 1676 times)

Offline TonyG

• PS Silver Member
Websites - downloads.
on: June 30, 2004, 06:00:13 PM
Just discovered

https://www.gmn.com/

If you've not already been there I think you'll like it!
The Rach. VOCALISE is a nice one as is the Tchai. NUTCRACKER SUITE (in the Christmas Tree is gorgeous!). If you are on Broadband click their 56k modem setting - it works. They also put on a 'block' after two hearings of a piece. But you all know how to delete cookies don't you? (cheat, cheat, cheat!!)

Any other good sites you can recommend? I'm searching for a site that does Erroll Garner downloads or freebies. (But that's jazz!!). Yeah, and from a pianist who could not read a note, did not understand chord sequences, fingering or anything! But just simply blows you away!! The British Musicians Union once tried to stop Garner touring the Uk as they said he was not a 'proper' musician ;D ;D :o

Keep listening. Cheers. Tony. ;)
"Playing Chopin to Status Quo" The Stage Newspaper, around 1978. Guess this still describes me well!