Piano Forum

Poll

What would you like to take "Best Picture" at the Oscars?

Whatever Works
0 (0%)
Hurt Locker
0 (0%)
District 9
0 (0%)
Inglourious Basterds
0 (0%)
An Education
0 (0%)
Amelia
0 (0%)
Fantastic Mr. Fox
1 (100%)
The Blind Side
0 (0%)
Brothers
0 (0%)
Up in the Air
0 (0%)
Precious
0 (0%)
A Serious Man
0 (0%)
Nine
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 1

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Golden Globe Nominations  (Read 1114 times)

Offline john11inc

• PS Silver Member
Golden Globe Nominations
on: December 16, 2009, 09:12:09 AM
Well, the Golden Globe Nominations came out yesterday, and they are quite disgusting in my opinion.  Sandra Bullock's nomination for the Ryan Reynolds chickflick comedy "The Proposal" is probably the best example of what the nominations are this year: going to the big names, regardless of what they were doing.  James Cameron's "Avatar" is up for a slew of awards, despite being what everyone knows is little more than a sci-fi hero movie, while "Inglourious Basterds" and "Up in the Air" appear to be the only movies anyone has bothered to see this year.  So, as I'm thoroughly appalled by this, I'd like to know what you guys think *should* win and what *will* win best picture at the Oscars, and why.

I'd certainly like to see Fantastic Mr. Fox or A Serious Man win, although neither will, as Fantastic Mr. Fox will almost certainly be put in the "Animated Feature" category, while "A Serious Man" is probably too centric on a single role.  I'm expecting "An Education" to win, despite its snub at the Globes, with "Up in the Air" and "Precious" as the other, two contenders.
If this work is so threatening, it is not because it's simply strange, but competent, rigorously argued and carrying conviction.

-Jacques Derrida

https://www.youtube.com/user/john11inch