Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Old members that you remember  (Read 1131 times)

Offline symbolism of l. ron

• PS Silver Member
Old members that you remember
on: January 24, 2010, 05:36:14 AM
The days of Comme may be gone, but they are most surely not forgotten. List the old members with who you shared personal memories with. I'll start:

Mozartian :)
A serious musician is one who loves making music. A musician who lives off of music is insane.

Offline pianochick93

• PS Silver Member
Re: Old members that you remember
Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:19:50 AM
Essyne (she was onoly here for a bit)
Thalberg (he's still around...a bit)

And a whole bunch of other people who ran away :(
h lp! S m b dy  st l   ll th  v w ls  fr m  my  k y b  rd!

I am an imagine of your figmentation.

Offline nanabush

• PS Silver Member
Re: Old members that you remember
Reply #2 on: January 24, 2010, 09:21:49 PM
I vaguely remember speaking to 'lagin' about the RCM system.

I also remember talking to 'Pianistimo' about Doctor Gradus ad Parnassum like 3 years ago.

'Lau' showing me the Finlandia by Sibelius.  Also, there was a post about someone thinking based on our forum names that we were female, and to their surprise, it turns out we were both guys.  That gave me a good laugh.

Some names that I remember, mostly because of the Audition room:

Bouter Boogie - first recording I ever heard of 'L'isle Joyeuse', and it was damn good!  She stopped posting in like 2006, so a long time ago lol.

Something like 'Electrafingers' or along the lines of that.  I think that he/she had a Gaspard recording and it was really good too!

'Schoenberg13' or 'Schoenberg3' or something like that - Prokofiev Sonata #3, first time I heard it.  I'm actually playing that now, and I remember he was like 12/13 in the video he posted of him playing it.  I was like 15 at the time he posted the video and I was like "I'm definitely going to play this" so I printed it off, and couldn't get past the first page haha.

'Paris' - Rachmaninoff Op 39 #1, again the first time I heard it.

I wonder where these people are now?  They were seriously good, and disappeared (or changed their names and are still posting lol)
Interested in discussing:

-Prokofiev Toccata
-Scriabin Sonata 2

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert