Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: [video] Mozart sonata in a minor, 3rd mvt  (Read 2474 times)

Offline daniloperusina

• PS Silver Member
[video] Mozart sonata in a minor, 3rd mvt
on: February 21, 2010, 05:38:25 AM
Here's the last movement, some mistakes, and by accident I did one repeat too many in the major section, which I didn't realize until watching it now, oops!:)
The camera is swaying a bit for a minute or so, but it calms down..

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Re: [video] Mozart sonata in a minor, 3rd mvt
Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:30:59 AM
I miss the 2nd movement!  ;D

This could be more sotto voce, and with an effect of a crescendo through the dots in the thirds. Of course, both of these are impossible...the first for the recording, the second for the physics of the instrument (though it's not really a crescendo but a hearing the decay over the left hand).

Anyway, good sonata, well played. Good job. I might wish that they were in the same thread, but what you could do is provide the urls for the other movements in each thread, so in the future we can easily connect them.  :) 
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Re: [video] Mozart sonata in a minor, 3rd mvt
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 07:10:41 AM
Beautiful touch and good finger work.  But that isn't enough.  Phrasing.  Take the theme and give it a personality.  It goes somewhere.  Working in slow motion, decide where the "head" and "tail" of each line is.  Where it goes, where the climax is and where it ends. Exaggerate it in slow motion until it's in your fingers.  In fact, when you play the theme in the left hand you play the last two notes staccato, for some reason.  I don't get what your 're trying to put across.  There's one color throughout the whole piece.  Personally, I feel tragedy in this movement.  A pulsating drive from beginning to end. 
I'm really curious to hear the second movement.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert