Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Chopin- Nocturne Op.32 No.1  (Read 7085 times)

Offline miken49

• PS Silver Member
Chopin- Nocturne Op.32 No.1
on: June 14, 2010, 02:37:21 AM
Enjoy  ;D

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Re: Chopin- Nocturne Op.32 No.1
Reply #1 on: June 15, 2010, 05:02:48 PM
Well done. Some things were very nice, and some things I didn't like as much.

When you rush, don't do it too much. Otherwise you had a nice rubato.
And listen carefully to the last chords. Now you play them staccato, and rather harsh tone. Do you want them to be like that?

Again, good job

Offline miken49

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 01:33:59 AM
Actually the rough tone of the last chords was a last minute decision which I thing works but it a little to overboard. It's almost lisztian :P so I guess I quiet it to something similar to the similar passages in the 1st ballade.

I also thing the a tempos should be more a tempo instead of rushed and I also over did the strettos. So I'll change them to something that only slightly interrupts the mood.

There's also the problem that I brought out the chromatic in the tranquillo section instead of the melody.

I thing that accounts for all of it's flaws.

Offline gyzzzmo

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 11:48:34 AM
Technically it all sounds good, but you have to learn to throw away those sheets and think about the music: Whats the bigger line of the music and where do you want it to go. Now (however its technically good) it all sounds abit dull.

And have a closer look at the notes at around 1.40, 2.57 and 3.37 , you seem to deliberately play there the wrong ones ;)

Oh, and dont take the staccato at the end too litterally. You should play those chords firmly as you do now, but you can hold abit of pedalling, just make sure those chords are seperate of each other.
But good job, keep on the practising.

Gyzzzmo
1+1=11

Offline miken49

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:45:37 PM
Yes your right. I played it too fast so it sounds dull and tossed off. I think a slower tempo would make the piece more satisfying, but I think I hold onto the sheets if you don't mind. ;)

Your also right, I didn't observe the double sharp. 3:37 was a mistake not a misread. You didn't notice the misread at measures 40 and 61 though. I only just realized them when I when to listen to a recording of the piece which I didn't do at all while I was learning it.

I wanted to see what would happen if went on nothing but my own knowledge of music which any other influences and this is it. Not much eh.

For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert