Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Granados - Goyescas  (Read 3270 times)

Offline haydn86

• PS Silver Member
Granados - Goyescas
on: August 08, 2010, 01:18:11 PM
Hi,

One piece I've been very fond of for quite a while is the first part of Granados' Goyescas, Los Requiebros. In the few instances I've read about this piece, it's being said that it is particularly difficult to master, possibly the toughest of the Goyescas except for El Pelele. Having sight-read the score, however, it looks to me as if the piece is very well playable for a decent amateur if practised in the right way, given that there are very few passages requiring awkward hand placements (as opposed to, say, some Albéniz pieces). In all, the many ornaments (and the elegance it takes to play them well) seemed to be the most challenging aspect of the piece. Of course I will consult my teacher before attempting anything, but nonetheless, what do you think?

Many thanks!