Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Musical Typography  (Read 2293 times)

Offline djealnla

• PS Silver Member
Musical Typography
on: October 26, 2010, 07:46:47 AM
Does anyone here know about a book or website dealing with the issue of editing musical scores? I know some of the basic principles, such as inverting the notes, making the content of a bar optically comprehensible, etc., but I'm sure there are many more things which one could learn. I'd appreciate any answers or advices on this topic.

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Re: Musical Typography
Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 10:01:25 AM
“The Big Site of Music Notation and Engraving”!  I don’t know if it’s unique in this category, but it’s probably just what you’re seeking:

https://www.coloradocollege.edu/dept/MU/Musicpress/Default.htm

The site has an unfortunately high incidence of typos, broken links and spots where material has yet to be added, but the bibliography is fairly extensive.
What passes you ain't for you.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert