Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: This Kid is really good ( Chopin waltz in A flat major Op. 69 No. 1 )  (Read 9545 times)

Offline simgekivilcim

• PS Silver Member

Offline tsveti

• PS Silver Member
 ;D She looks like well trained monkey  ;D Like she's imitating somebody else's behavior :)

How old is she? Like 11 or something? She'll get over it :)

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
;D She looks like well trained monkey  ;D Like she's imitating somebody else's behavior :)

How old is she? Like 11 or something? She'll get over it :)

Smileys notwithstanding, I think that's both harsh and unjustified.  I saw nothing tasteless, excessive or even commentworthy at all in her demeanor.

I wouldn't conclude that this girl is "really good" based on one performance of a relatively easy piece, but I do think she plays it quite well.  Though she employs a bit more rubato than I personally favor, I found her playing to be sensitive, expressive and competent.
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline tsveti

• PS Silver Member
 :o Sorry, I guest my post was misunderstood. I commented only her behavior, which doesn't seems to look sincere. Smileys are for showing I mean no harm. Sorry if it sounded mean.

Offline simgekivilcim

• PS Silver Member
She was 7 years and 10 months when this video was recorded. Not 9, 10 or 11.  Don't make your comments like monkeys.Try to behave like a human being and a little more sensitive.

Offline keyboardclass

• PS Silver Member
Fantastic control.  I don't think she's mimicking, just lacks a little understanding.  I enjoyed it - rare for me.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
All I can say is lucky is the teacher who has this girl.  And I think she's probably lucky to have the right teacher.  Her playing is natural as well as the big sound she gets out of the piano.  Very musical.  Her phrasing is remarkable for one so young.
I don't teach, though, so maybe that's how all kids play now.  I find such a high level of musicianship in kids these days.  At least the ones I listen to here.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Kids like this are an exception for "normal" teachers like me.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
It's kids like these that make "normal" teachers flavor-of-the-month!  ;D

Offline simgekivilcim

• PS Silver Member
                11 months later...

Offline richard black

• PS Silver Member
Yes, she's really good. Now if those round her really love her, they'll make sure she's given more than just instant celebrity in life!
Instrumentalists are all wannabe singers. Discuss.

Offline rmbarbosa

I liked her performing. And I dont see anything of "monkey". For a little girl, a good tone and a good phrasing. There are in youtube a lot of little "monkeys", but it isnt the case. This kid has something special. Like americans say, "wait and see"...

Offline rmbarbosa

But I liked more the first video. In the second, there`s perhaps a over use of pedalling and I think phrasing isnt so good. But she`s good, indeed.

Offline simgekivilcim

• PS Silver Member
 :)

Offline supapiano225

• PS Silver Member
she is very good but i think the first waltz was a little too fast considering the story behind it and it being a farewell waltz
piano is my passion!

Offline jimbo320

• PS Silver Member
Yes she's very well trained.....
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"Music is art from the heart. Let it fly\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\"...

Offline quantum

• PS Silver Member
Nothing wrong with this at all.  All the elements are there, just need to connect the dots.
Made a Liszt. Need new Handel's for Soler panel & Alkan foil. Will Faure Stein on the way to pick up Mendels' sohn. Josquin get Wolfgangs Schu with Clara. Gone Chopin, I'll be Bach
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert