Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: What Level Should I Be At....  (Read 1449 times)

Offline musicluvr49

• PS Silver Member
What Level Should I Be At....
on: January 31, 2011, 01:56:00 AM
If I want to get into a good music conservatory. Not a super competitve one like Julliard, but a good one.
??
Currently:
Chopin Grand Valse Brilliante
Mozart Piano Sonata K 332
Scriabin Preludes Op 11 no.5,6,7
Bach Prelude and Fugue in G minor

Offline ch101

• PS Silver Member
Re: What Level Should I Be At....
Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 10:33:50 PM
i would say arct in piano performance, if you are in canada or the states
Pieces I am working on
Complete Chopin mazurkas
Pictures at an Exhibition
Beethoven Pathetique sonata
Schumann Papilions

Offline omar_roy

• PS Silver Member
Re: What Level Should I Be At....
Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 12:58:01 PM
If I want to get into a good music conservatory. Not a super competitve one like Julliard, but a good one.
??

The best way to find out is to get in touch with some of the professors that teach at the schools you would like to look at.  It never hurts to send their head of admissions an email to get you in touch with them.  Ask what kind of repertoire they're looking for auditions, what you should already have under your belt, etc etc.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert