Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: VIDEO Chopin Rondo in Eb Major op.16  (Read 4213 times)

Offline sjskb

• PS Silver Member
VIDEO Chopin Rondo in Eb Major op.16
on: February 20, 2011, 10:18:07 PM
Live Recording of Chopin's not so often played Rondo in Eb major... considering this was prepared in 6 weeks, i am rather satisfied with the result.  ;D

feel free to comment or critique this performance!

Cheers!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: VIDEO Chopin Rondo in Eb Major op.16
Reply #1 on: February 20, 2011, 11:04:56 PM
My God that is good. I spent weeks on this a few years back and got nowhere. This rondo is far more difficult than it looks and I have never understood it's neglect.

Well done to you for giving it a well deserved airing.

Superb performance. Bloody good fingers.

Thal

Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline becky8898

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 03:23:47 AM
Hi. this was really nicely done. well played , a good recording and you got this into your hands and memorized really quickly. Six weeks, that sounds like something I would do.  lol. Only thing I could say and its only artistic. Of course anyone here will tell you im always throwing in my 2 cents.  Maybe in just a few spots a little more in the  left hand. Of course that in know way says what you did wasnt great.  I never heard this piece before.  This was such a great treat.  Thanks.

Cheers, Becky

Offline sjskb

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: February 21, 2011, 06:12:28 PM
Thanks, thalbergmad and becky8898! this piece is really a treat to learn, and a delight to play in concert! funny that i only heard of it 2 months ago... saw someone play it on TV for the chopin competition.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: February 21, 2011, 07:54:43 PM
It was Horowitz playing this at his home that got me hooked on this piece.

Wonderful music.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 01:42:04 AM
Hi sjskb,

I think that Chopin's rondos have long been considered the weakest part of his piano literature.  But when I hear your superb performance of Op. 16, it calls that opinion into serious question.  You played this fine piece with flair and elan.  I totally enjoyed it.  Thanks for posting it here!
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert