Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Need Art Expert  (Read 1082 times)

Offline john11inc

• PS Silver Member
Need Art Expert
on: March 04, 2011, 10:25:13 AM
Hi; I'm going to be moving soon, and am shopping around for art (prints, lol) atm.  There is a piece I'm interested in that I used in one of my videos, but I can't remember the title and thus can't find it.  I'm 95% sure it's Miro, but that's all that I remember.  Can anyone recognize this piece:

Thanks.
If this work is so threatening, it is not because it's simply strange, but competent, rigorously argued and carrying conviction.

-Jacques Derrida

https://www.youtube.com/user/john11inch

Offline gep

Re: Need Art Expert
Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 06:38:14 PM
Hi; I'm going to be moving soon, and am shopping around for art (prints, lol) atm.  There is a piece I'm interested in that I used in one of my videos, but I can't remember the title and thus can't find it.  I'm 95% sure it's Miro, but that's all that I remember.  Can anyone recognize this piece:

Thanks.
Unfortunately, I do not recognise it, but are you aure it's a Miró? The style doesn't seem to fit; if anything, I'd guess it to be a Rothko.

Do tell if you find out! And sorry to be not more helpfull here...

all best,
gep
In the long run, any words about music are less important than the music. Anyone who thinks otherwise is not worth talking to (Shostakovich)

Offline john11inc

• PS Silver Member
Re: Need Art Expert
Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 08:25:01 PM
No, it is definitely not Rothko.  Originally I thought it was an early work of Kline or Cumberland; I remember it being one of the very most-important abstract expressionists, but other than that, I really don't remember.  I just had it in my head that it is a lesser-known piece by Miro very strongly.  It reminded me mostly of Kline's Scuderia.  I don't think it's Still.

Scuderia:

If this work is so threatening, it is not because it's simply strange, but competent, rigorously argued and carrying conviction.

-Jacques Derrida

https://www.youtube.com/user/john11inch

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert