Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Anyone ever played this on piano? La Marche des Scythes by Pancrace Royer  (Read 4531 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
I found this by accident today. I wondered if anyone has heard it or played it on the piano?

La Marche des Scythes

Offline pianist1976

• PS Silver Member
I didn't even knew the existence of this fine composer (is it possible that he was a bit influenced by couperin? Anyway he's good on his own)

Yes, I listened/played at the piano. Couldn't resist to  ;D I looked for the score at IMSLP and read.

Thanks for sharing this fantastic music!  :)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Cool, you should post it in the audition room (some day, when you feel like it), I haven't found a piano version.

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
another cool pancake royal piece

Wow...that piece rocks. I love when it switches to the lute setting...you don't hear that often on harpsichord recordings. Has a really soft/dark color to it. Love it!!

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
La Vertigo by Pancrace Royer Holy crap...I don't think I've ever heard baroque (or would you classify someone born in 1705 as rococo?) music like that before. Those thundering, repeated chords you wouldn't expect to hear til Scriabin or something...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert