Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: hoaxes  (Read 12788 times)

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Re: hoaxes
Reply #100 on: March 30, 2011, 03:13:17 PM
Well but don't worry it's not that important :) and I only THINK I know it... I don't REALLY know it  :P Why would you like to know it so much? So you could be angry at them? Cause if that's why you wanna know it then that is why you don't know it  :-\ Now I'm confusing myself! I don't even know what I'm saying  ;D

Now I'm talking so funny about this people will start thinking it was me  ;D although I don't really think anyone would think it was me cause those people were too smart to be me  :-\ or I'm not smart enough to be them  :-\ something like that  :)
Oh and I was also thinking about something. I would really like to know if the people who are so angry about all this now could ever forgive the person who did this. Like what if someone would now admit they did it and apologized and explained why they did it and all that. Could the people who are so angry about it forgive that person and accept them again at Pianostreet, or they could never forgive them and wouldn't wanna have anything to do with them anymore?
Oh well I still think they were all real in some way anyway... no I know they were!  8)
If you reread my posts in this thread, you'll realize that Ive never bee once angry at becky. Not at all. I'm still thankful for the advice I got for black keys etude, though it wasn't becky who posted it, I never would've found it without becky.

The only 2 reasons I want to know is
1. I'm curious
2. I wonder why I seem to be the only one who doesn't realize this. That's why I'm wondering if this person is still on the forums; if not, it's undestandable because becky left shortly after I came, so I might've not had the chance to know this person's other personas. On the other hand, if she's still here, I'm wondering why I am the only one who hasn't figured this out. Am I really that stupid? What are the clues? That's what's killing me.  I don't really care who becky is other thanjust for curiosity.

since I was never angry at becky, she doesn't need to be forgiven. I'm much more angry at people who look down on others and use ad hominem attacks without reason. Even if they're the world's smartest person or best pianist or whatever, I hate those people. People who give helpful advice? I don't hate them at all.

I have a SLIGHT idea of who becky might be, but I am only 5% sure of the person I suspect. I mean there is a LITTLE bit ofevidence IMO, but I don't think (like intuition wise) that this person is becky at all. :s

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #101 on: March 30, 2011, 04:04:59 PM
Well, I'M not angry at all, and I have no cue whatsever who it could be.  OH, wait.  YES!  Now it hit me.

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #102 on: March 30, 2011, 04:06:43 PM
They haven't posted lately, right?

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #103 on: March 30, 2011, 04:07:17 PM
Maybe we should say who we think... It can't really hurt anyone, but maybe give the person a laugh. Anyone up for it? :D

No, I don't think they have...

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #104 on: March 30, 2011, 04:10:49 PM
Iiih, okay! I go! I think it's Hakki (or however he spells it). I think he was the one saying that they misspelled the same words, and he was the one finding that very rare youtube-clip. Please forgive me if I'm wrong... :P

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #105 on: March 30, 2011, 04:22:50 PM
hmm... my first suspect was that person too, because I wondered how he found that video, and how come suddenly people started doubting becky and lady pianist.

But then I quickly forgot about him.
YOu know, I'm kinda disappointed that this stopped. I mean we first had becky, then lady pianist, then roger...
The first is an aspiring to be pro but still amateur child (female)
the second is a seasoned pro who has retired (female)
the third is another amateur but already aged.  (male)

I was wondering what the next ones would be had it not be discovered... (and assuming they didn't reveal themselves)

based on this pattern, I'd assume the

fourth: Young male pianist who just became professional
fifth: A handicapped child with a bleak outlook on life (who is a transexual) ;D
sixth: An aged transexual who teaches the child how to overcome the obstacles they face

;D ;D ;D

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #106 on: March 30, 2011, 04:55:50 PM
and then ending up with some guy with only one arm...

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #107 on: March 30, 2011, 05:22:03 PM
I thought it was the ch101 or whatever he called himself.  the 12-year-old.  Sorry, ch101 - means absolutely nothing, you know.
That ladypianist used to write to me and she'd tell me things.  then she wanted me to open up to her and tell her about my life.  glad I didn't.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #108 on: March 30, 2011, 07:45:46 PM
Oh I couldn't tell.
But... maybe it's Nils!!  :o  :P I mean you know maybe he wanted to make the forum more interesting  :P (just kidding of course  ;D :P )

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #109 on: March 30, 2011, 07:50:08 PM
Come on Littletune, tell us! :D

Offline tds

• PS Silver Member
Reply #110 on: March 30, 2011, 07:51:33 PM
i got a feeling ladypianist is real. and i think i may be nils ;D ;D
dignity, love and joy.

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #111 on: March 30, 2011, 08:07:38 PM
Okay, I'm gonna be brutally honest, but please, don't get offended people. As I've demonstrated many times on this forum, I'm usually wrong :) Take my points as a compliment :)

But honestly, my suspect really is littletunes.

The main reason is I find it REALLY hard to believe that a foreign kid from slovenia speak better English than most HIGHSCHOOL students in countries where English is the native language. And she's only 12? Plus she started on this forum when she was 10ish. That's pretty unbelieveable. Plus, it's around the same age as becky

Besides, she keeps talking about becky's purpose as if she knew what it was *rolls eyes*

And finally even though I posted advice and rejected the claim that littletune's little dilemma was contradictory, I could understand why the person claimed so. I mean the story was a little off on some parts, and doesn't seem like an likely story at all.

And that's what becky/lady/roger are about right? People with unlikely stories that are just believeable enough to be believed yet so unlikely to really happen.

So yeah, that's what I meant by little evidence, but as I said, I think that I'm not right :) Not that it matters to me :)

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #112 on: March 30, 2011, 08:10:22 PM
But littletune has never betrayed her 12-year-old "voice".  And we've seen pictures of her.  No, you're on the wrong track.  How come no one seconds my ch101 guess?

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #113 on: March 30, 2011, 08:19:37 PM
because ch101 knows "richmond", and when people think of vancouver, they just say "vancouver". How many people knows where richmond is? Not many, unless you actually live in vancouver.

So I'm pretty sure at least he lives in the Vancouver area, and so I would think that everything else is true too. There are a lot of kids at 12 doing ARCT in Vancouver, so it's not uncommon.

Offline stevebob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #114 on: March 30, 2011, 08:37:48 PM
birba, I am a bit startled that you apparently had regular PM correspondence with two of the imposters (and likewise relieved that I did not).

Maybe PM usage is just more prevalent than I had realized; except for a couple of people I knew at another forum, I've hardly ever PM'd anyone (and I've received unsolicited PMs even less frequently!).
What passes you ain't for you.

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #115 on: March 30, 2011, 08:51:02 PM
for your information, steve, I have also received 2 pms from becky

:) but I only have 4 pms in total, so no, it's not used that often

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #116 on: March 30, 2011, 09:09:48 PM
Hi,

I recall now when Lady Pianist said that I played with "Russian soul" and that it took her back to her youth sitting in the Great Hall at the Moscow Conservatory.  It was so very kind I wanted to believe it. Arrrggg! What in the world was I thinking?!?!  These characters were not piano artists, but they were definitely good con artists.  ;D

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #117 on: March 30, 2011, 09:27:54 PM
I very much doubt it's littletune.  She's a nice kid and I've listened to her recordings which reflect her age and time studying piano.  I'm quite sure she's for real.

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.

Offline thinkgreenlovepiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #118 on: March 30, 2011, 10:27:18 PM

The main reason is I find it REALLY hard to believe that a foreign kid from slovenia speak better English than most HIGHSCHOOL students in countries where English is the native language. And she's only 12? Plus she started on this forum when she was 10ish. That's pretty unbelieveable. Plus, it's around the same age as becky

I know you think anyone younger than 17 is like, a baby... but really...
12 isn't THAT young. :P :P
I've joined some pretty serious forums when I was 12, and no one guessed I was a kid.  8) Of course, the forums were way more "formal" than Pianostreet (they were the kinds with debate forums and all), so I obviously had to adjust my register.

Anyway, I don't think it's littletune...

But shouldn't nils know who it is? ? If they have the same IP address? (:
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #119 on: March 30, 2011, 10:37:15 PM
I very much doubt it's littletune.  She's a nice kid and I've listened to her recordings which reflect her age and time studying piano.  I'm quite sure she's for real.

David

I agree. It's not Littletune. Not only have we seen pictures of her but of her surroundings, pets, and her Mother. Many of us who are very familiar with that part of the world know she is who she says she is where she is. Litletunes English is good. But she is still learning and asks questions about English usage appropriate to her age and education. Remember she would need to be at this level of English at her age to have any chance of a career even in her own country.

Hi,

I recall now when Lady Pianist said that I played with "Russian soul" and that it took her back to her youth sitting in the Great Hall at the Moscow Conservatory.  It was so very kind I wanted to believe it. Arrrggg! What in the world was I thinking?!?!  These characters were not piano artists, but they were definitely good con artists.  ;D

David

But you still have your "Russian Soul" don't you? Just because she doesn't exist it doesn't mean your soul stopped existing.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #120 on: March 30, 2011, 10:44:55 PM
I know you think anyone younger than 17 is like, a baby... but really...
12 isn't THAT young. :P :P
I've joined some pretty serious forums when I was 12, and no one guessed I was a kid.  8) Of course, the forums were way more "formal" than Pianostreet (they were the kinds with debate forums and all), so I obviously had to adjust my register.

Anyway, I don't think it's littletune...

But shouldn't nils know who it is? ? If they have the same IP address? (:

There is a fundamental flaw in this:

You're assuming that becky HAS another account :)

And As I said I don't even think littletunes is becky, just that some things do sound fishy.

How ironic it is, that theEnglish requirement in foreign countries are higher than the ENglish requirement in countries where English is the official language... I know grade 12 students that can't write without using"u" or "wazzup".

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #121 on: March 30, 2011, 10:51:38 PM
Hi oxy,

Yes, I fully agree with your thoughts on littletune.  When she posts a recording, I try to get her to play a smoother legato line with more expression and she's definitely getting there. She's for real in my opinion.  My own daughter is grown up now, but still, a father can tell.

On the "Russian soul": Well, I'm an American who plays mostly Russian late romantic music.  So I took Lady Pianists' words as a high compliment, as Russian pianists tend to be very taciturn when it comes to commenting on other pianists, least of all Americans playing Russian music. ;D  So that felt special somehow.  But yes, you're entirely right.  If I have even a very small hint of "Russian soul" in my playing, it was there before Lady Pianist commented on it, and it hasn't gone anywhere since then.  So I can continuing playing that repertoire while enjoying every moment of it.

Thanks for responding!

David

• PS Silver Member
Reply #122 on: March 30, 2011, 11:07:30 PM
There is a fundamental flaw in this:

You're assuming that becky HAS another account :)

And As I said I don't even think littletunes is becky, just that some things do sound fishy.

How ironic it is, that theEnglish requirement in foreign countries are higher than the ENglish requirement in countries where English is the official language... I know grade 12 students that can't write without using"u" or "wazzup".
Seriously, how much English do we learn in English class?
Do you ever remember learning about subjects, predicates, direct objects, etc? I don't. I learned all that in French class.  :P
My math teacher was telling me how he once took a Russian course in uni. One day, they were learning about prepositions, and a student asked, "What's a preposition?" And the professor replied, "Why are you learning Russian, when you don't know English?" :D
And also my English teacher had a friend in university who was a native English speaker. Her family had been in Canada for centuries and they only spoke English. Yet their professor asked the friend, "Is English your native language?"

Btw, I'm not assuming Becky has another account, I don't really care if he/she does... I'm just explaining why I don't think it's littletune. (:
"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence."
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #123 on: March 30, 2011, 11:11:34 PM
Seriously, how much English do we learn in English class?
Do you ever remember learning about subjects, predicates, direct objects, etc? I don't. I learned all that in French class.  :P
My math teacher was telling me how he once took a Russian course in uni. One day, they were learning about prepositions, and a student asked, "What's a preposition?" And the professor replied, "Why are you learning Russian, when you don't know English?" :D
And also my English teacher had a friend in university who was a native English speaker. Her family had been in Canada for centuries and they only spoke English. Yet their professor asked the friend, "Is English your native language?"

Btw, I'm not assuming Becky has another account, I don't really care if he/she does... I'm just explaining why I don't think it's littletune. (:
But shouldn't nils know who it is? ?
I was referring to this :)

And I never learned any grammar in school at all. I still don't know what a verb i, or adjective, or any of that fancy stuff.

• PS Silver Member
Reply #124 on: March 30, 2011, 11:21:14 PM
I was referring to this :)

Ah... well let me correct my statement. IF becky/lady pianist/ roger were still here under another username, nils should know who it is, right?
~Leopold Stokowski

Offline nataliethepianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #125 on: March 30, 2011, 11:48:42 PM
My, a lot of comments! Well, I am going to address a few things, as a few more have been brought up on this thread.

First, I would like to make a comment about what Littletune said. I noticed that a lot of people marveled over how amazing a pianist Becky was. I also felt a little child-ish when compared to her. I am 14, but I never "try" to sound grown up, but I will never try to act silly, so if it comes across as "mature", than I guess that is fine! Personally, I think adding a few smiley faces here and there breaks what ever tension there may be.

Second, I don't think we should think someone is trolling or posting lies on the site just because they are younger, and without having enough information to make such an accusation. Anyway, I thought that Becky's post were helpful, I mean it is not like she insulted anyone.

And just because Becky's post could have been fake, from a fake person, doesn't make us terrible pianists! Not terrible at all! It is not like if Becky isn't real and her comments were from a fake person, that we are all of a sudden bad!

Well, I am glad that most of us are real!

- Natalie

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #126 on: March 31, 2011, 12:17:54 AM
Someone should mess with the original hoaxer.  Just start a new account and act like they're the original person. 
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #127 on: March 31, 2011, 12:31:52 AM
I'm paranoid. When I see people saying that, I can't help but think that everyone is targetting me.

So please, if you know who it is, name the person. And we can have nils confirm if they have the same IP address, or a similar one in case they have another network.

This person is too smart for ip adresses.  They figured that out a long time ago.  Nils can't catch them by ip address.  This person probably learned their tricks from other forum members a long time ago, several generations back in the forum's history.

Yes, they're still on the forum.  Reading this thread too.

I would guess this person did it just for fun.

This would probably be... I think the third time they've done this. 

I'm surprised they did the recording thing though.  They would know it's illegal.  Then again, the most that would happen probably is the recordings are taken down, the hoax accounts closed, and maybe if they were actually caught a slap on the wrist.  Even if Nils kicked them off the forum, they could easily get back.

They never said anything the other times.  They'll just be quiet about it again.  Until they get the urge to make another group of hoax personalities up in the future again.  I bet it will happen again, maybe with another little twist like the recordings.  I know... Maybe they'll post their own recordings on here under a different a name and then at some point reveal that they're really x-person who's been on the forum the whole time.  I could see them doing that.

I guess they really can't say they did it.  Nils is kind of obligated to kick them out for the recordings, to set an example for others.  So they couldn't say it was them.

Except now they're not in control of their personalities anymore.  We're analyzing them.  Not sure they like that.

Yes, people would still accept them on the forum.  It would just be a joke they played on everyone.  I'm not sure what Nils would do about it though. 

Offline kelly_kelly

• PS Silver Member
Reply #128 on: March 31, 2011, 12:35:01 AM
And I never learned any grammar in school at all. I still don't know what a verb i, or adjective, or any of that fancy stuff.

Wait... you're exaggerating, surely? I mean, sure, some grammar is obscure, but verb and adjective...? :-X

And I also think the suspicion of littletune is unfounded. After all, she even has a Slovenian thread! :D
It all happens on Discworld, where greed and ignorance influence human behavior... and perfectly ordinary people occasionally act like raving idiots.

A world, in short, totally unlike our own.

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #129 on: March 31, 2011, 12:46:14 AM
I had some grammar, etc.  I didn't realize English doesn't have cases exactly like other languages.  I'd like to know more but... Time's limited. 

I don't think it's littletune at all. 

Oi... I wonder if the hoaxer is dragging up older personalities they created now... Hmm....

I guess another clue to them being a regular member... How did they know right away about the ability to post recordings?  That's not something people just join the forum and start doing.

They haven't posted lately, right?

Right.  Why?  Because they've been spending their time working on these personalities.

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #130 on: March 31, 2011, 04:04:42 AM
I had some grammar, etc.  I didn't realize English doesn't have cases exactly like other languages.  I'd like to know more but... Time's limited. 

I don't think it's littletune at all. 

Oi... I wonder if the hoaxer is dragging up older personalities they created now... Hmm....

I guess another clue to them being a regular member... How did they know right away about the ability to post recordings?  That's not something people just join the forum and start doing.

Right.  Why?  Because they've been spending their time working on these personalities.

Well, I knew right away.. it doesn't seem to be a secret.. just look in the audition room and you'll realize right away.

I wonder why everyone keeps commenting on it's not littletune, I think we have that settled now. Birba is looking for support on ch101, and pianistien for hakky... go talk about the other two candidates or bring up your own, stpo bringing up littletune :p

And I NEVER heard ANY grammar at all in school. No exaggeration. I mean I know the definition of the words verb and adjective, but if you asked me to identify an adjective or a verb in a sentence, I couldn't do it for you. And I certainly don't know rules about whether what a noun or verb goes before or after whatever else there are in a sentence. I just say/write/type whatever sounds right to my ears.

Offline thebuchertrain

• PS Silver Member
Reply #131 on: March 31, 2011, 04:57:57 AM
Hey guys, I hate to disappoint you with a non-obvious answer, but I am the one behind all this. I created these different accounts just for the fun of it, but after awhile it got to be too much work, so I had my other account, Hakki, post the youtube recording, exposing myself and therefore freeing myself from responsibility.

....just kidding  ;D ;D ;D

Offline birba

• PS Silver Member
Reply #132 on: March 31, 2011, 05:39:12 AM
My, a lot of comments! Well, I am going to address a few things, as a few more have been brought up on this thread.

First, I would like to make a comment about what Littletune said. I noticed that a lot of people marveled over how amazing a pianist Becky was. I also felt a little child-ish when compared to her. I am 14, but I never "try" to sound grown up, but I will never try to act silly, so if it comes across as "mature", than I guess that is fine! Personally, I think adding a few smiley faces here and there breaks what ever tension there may be.

Second, I don't think we should think someone is trolling or posting lies on the site just because they are younger, and without having enough information to make such an accusation. Anyway, I thought that Becky's post were helpful, I mean it is not like she insulted anyone. What I didn't like is that she lied, and tried to be affectionate and call me Nat. I don't mind if people call me Nat just because they think it is a nickname, which it is, I just want that person to be real!

And just because Becky's post could have been fake, from a fake person, doesn't make us terrible pianists! Not terrible at all! It is not like if Becky isn't real and her comments were from a fake person, that we are all of a sudden bad!

Well, I am glad that most of us are real!

- Natalie
You are only 14?!
Oh oh.  Your language belies your age.  But I guess 14-year-olds are much more mature then when I was 14.   ;D

Offline pianisten1989

• PS Silver Member
Reply #133 on: March 31, 2011, 05:54:03 AM
You are only 14?!
Oh oh.  Your language belies your age.  But I guess 14-year-olds are much more mature then when I was 14.   ;D
When I was 14, I didn't know anything... Today's 14yo are basically educated doctors! :(

Offline tb230

• PS Silver Member
Reply #134 on: March 31, 2011, 07:35:27 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there was more than one person behind the fake posts. Could be a group of  (piano) students who have just decided to have some fun together as an experiment, make up the fake characters and create convincing background stories for all three. Anyone interested in internet and psychology must have had similar ideas at one point - creating fake characters to provoke a response. The hoaxes all had the same 'flaw' , however, they were all 'superheroes' in some way. Real people are not.  ;)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #135 on: March 31, 2011, 08:06:04 AM
I's thinkin' that they all was fixin' and waitin' and s'pposed to gets found out  ;).  They was simplay leavin' clues like they meant 'em, ever last one of 'em.  I'm not fooled by the double, triple, quadruple ... infiniteLy layered hoax.  Whatev's.  Hopefully it's fulfilling.  

Haha I like :)  ;D

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #136 on: March 31, 2011, 04:35:19 PM
A lot of posts mention IP addresses. Don't bet on them identifying a user. For example I have a cheap cable account that is rebooted every 24 hours and gets a new IP each time. If I wanted to spend the additional money I could get a fixed IP. When I use 3G or 4G for a connection I get a new IP each time I log in.
"In every walk with nature one receives far more than he seeks."  John Muir  (We all need to get out more.)

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #137 on: March 31, 2011, 04:38:23 PM
I'm pretty sure only the port number of some other insignificant digit changes, not the whole IP.

Then again, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to computers.

I guess they can check the MAC address, asuming they have access to it?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #138 on: March 31, 2011, 05:00:54 PM
Wow there are sooooooooo many posts here since yesterday!!!  :o I can't even answer to all of them  :P But I guess I should write at least something cause people have been talking about me so much  :P I feel kinda important  8)
@Ongaku_oniko: Well... even if Nils couldn't check my IP (cause mine is changing all the time too cause I've seen at gmail where you can check your IP adresses for a few times back) but I'm really sure Nils can see from which country someone is right? So you can ask him if you want.  :P I'm sure Becky and Ladypianist and Roger weren't from Slovenia and I am :) And so you don't believe I'm from Slovenia or you don't believe I'm a kid or you don't believe I'm real or you think I created Becky Ladypianist and Roger?  :-\ But thanks for saying I speak English so well!!  :) Oh I think it would be even more weird if a foreign grownup would be speaking english really well...  :-\ I mean kids usually learn languages faster and better than grownups... I think. And besides I am kinda good at learning languages... if I can listen to a language for some time then I just start to understand it somehow...  :-\ and then after a while if I'm thinking a lot about that language I just know how to speak and I don't even know how... it's like I just hear it in my head. Maybe that's kinda like perfect pitch just not for music but for languages  ;D  :P

And thank you very much everyone who believes I'm real and a nice kid and all that!!  :)  :)
Oh and Rachfan: I think whoever was Ladypianist they really meant what they said! They weren't just making fun or just saying something they wouldn't mean... so I think you should believe what Ladypianist said about your playing! And besides everyone here thinks your playing is really great so you should still be happy and proud about what she said and believe it! I know I'm still happy about what she said about my playing!  :P  :)  8)

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #139 on: March 31, 2011, 08:37:05 PM
Littletune is real. I can say because she has sent me a wonderful drawing and a Christmas card via snailmail, and it's absolutely original. I can see that it's real because you can't make up something like this, either you have the feeling or not, and she has it, it's not possible to fake it. I am very proud that she has sent it to me and I like it very much :)

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #140 on: March 31, 2011, 09:40:12 PM
holy god, I get it. I even said that I didn't think she was fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #141 on: March 31, 2011, 09:42:33 PM
holy god, I get it. I even said that I didn't think she was fake!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

god.

haha, chill down, that wasn't meant against you, man :) Sorry if it seemed so.

Offline ted

• PS Silver Member
Reply #142 on: March 31, 2011, 10:34:29 PM
Well I can assure everybody that as far as I am concerned, what you see is what you get. I am precisely and prosaically exactly the person I portray myself to be - a fairly ordinary, unprepossessing sixty-three year old man who has programmed computers at a factory for thirty years for a living and  who has experienced a lifelong compulsion to create and play piano music after his own inclination and after that alone. No qualifications, no immense musical knowledge, no musical background, no famous teachers, no musical accomplishments, no airs, no graces, no nothing.  Wu Shih - "nothing special". I like it.
"Mistakes are the portals of discovery." - James Joyce

Offline oxy60

• PS Silver Member
Reply #143 on: March 31, 2011, 11:33:49 PM
I'm pretty sure only the port number of some other insignificant digit changes, not the whole IP.

Then again, I'm pretty ignorant when it comes to computers.

I guess they can check the MAC address, asuming they have access to it?

The lowest IP address is 1.1.1.1 and the highest is 256.256.256.256. Somewhere, someone assigns blocks of IPs to the big players and so on down the pecking order to you and me. If we want a static IP we get it from our ISP. With that you can host web sites and have ports open for your networks.

Offline nataliethepianist

• PS Silver Member
Reply #144 on: April 01, 2011, 12:12:54 AM
Delete

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #145 on: April 01, 2011, 03:09:03 AM
I'd be willing to be this person has more personalities on here.  Why three?  Only three?  They didn't make more? 

I bet they did it for fun.  Maybe to see how long they could go with it or if they started getting bored, how far they could push things, how fantastic they could make it. 

Maybe they've got more "boring" personalities on here that don't do much.  That would be as much entertainment for them though. 

Though eventually with these entertaining personalities, they probably get busy, got bored, got tired and careless, etc., and mixed things up enough to attractive attention.

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #146 on: April 01, 2011, 03:15:39 AM
Well, I'd assume that when uprooting this person, Nils looked to see if he had any other accounts.

But who knows?

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #147 on: April 01, 2011, 03:18:30 AM
Hi littletune,

Oh and Rachfan: I think whoever was Ladypianist they really meant what they said! They weren't just making fun or just saying something they wouldn't mean... so I think you should believe what Ladypianist said about your playing! And besides everyone here thinks your playing is really great so you should still be happy and proud about what she said and believe it! I know I'm still happy about what she said about my playing!  Tongue  Smiley  Cool

Thanks for your thoughts and nice compliment too.  That's a perspective on LadyPianist that would not have occurred to me.  I think sometimes it takes a young person to remind an old person that a cloud might have a silver lining.  Thanks for sharing that.  :)

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #148 on: April 01, 2011, 03:20:51 AM
If Nils is using ip numbers he couldn't always tell.  I don't know how else he could tell anything to compare two posters.  This person could log in at another computer and have a different ip number that way.  Nils could probably still take an educated guess with what info he would have though.

Although... I imagine Nils would have banned those accounts.  They probably can't be used again.  The hoaxster probably can't log back onto them if they wanted to.  

Offline ongaku_oniko

• PS Silver Member
Reply #149 on: April 01, 2011, 03:26:55 AM
I think I read somewhere that they were "suspended"

Not sure if it's just my imagination or if it's real. It's certainly very vague.

I doubt they'd go through the trouble of using different computers for different characters, though. But I mean, oh well, whatever. Who really cares :P

@ natalie: I don't think anyone is implying that youg people tend to do this more. I think your post was directed at me.

And to be perfectly honest, I highly doubt that becky is a kid. I'm not saying kids are more likely to be fake, I'm just saying that if a person says they're a child but acts really mature, I doubt whether they really are a kid. That's all

And please, don't bring up that you think littletunes is real, I get it already.

any other candidates?
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert