Piano Forum

Topic: People Typing In ALL CAPS  (Read 2112 times)

Offline in_love_with_liszt

• PS Silver Member
People Typing In ALL CAPS
on: August 13, 2004, 12:15:28 AM
This drive anyone else up the wall? There should be some way to prevent this.
wOOt! I have a website now! It's spiffy!

Offline xvimbi

• PS Silver Member
Re: People Typing In ALL CAPS
Reply #1 on: August 13, 2004, 12:22:04 AM
I COMPLETELY AGREE!  OUTRAGEOUS!! THAT GOT TO BE STOPPED!  ;)

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: August 13, 2004, 02:35:01 AM
Do you really think they are "shouting"?  The only compelling reason not to type in CAPS is because it is much harder to differentiate between words as the space between is reduced.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY ARE "SHOUTING"?  THE ONLY COMPELLING REASON NOT TO TYPE IN CAPS IS BECAUSE IT IS MUCH HARDER TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN WORDS AS THE SPACE BETWEEN IS REDUCED.

You see, in CAPS, most of the letters are written using vertical lines.  A bunch of vertical lines placed closely together are difficult to contrast.  Contrary, lower case letters are written with more curves and is easier on the eyes to read and they take up less space.

Offline allchopin

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: August 13, 2004, 07:55:13 AM
Do you really think they are "shouting"?  The only compelling reason not to type in CAPS is because it is much harder to differentiate between words as the space between is reduced.

DO YOU REALLY THINK THEY ARE "SHOUTING"?  THE ONLY COMPELLING REASON NOT TO TYPE IN CAPS IS BECAUSE IT IS MUCH HARDER TO DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN WORDS AS THE SPACE BETWEEN IS REDUCED.

You see, in CAPS, most of the letters are written using vertical lines.  A bunch of vertical lines placed closely together are difficult to contrast.  Contrary, lower case letters are written with more curves and is easier on the eyes to read and they take up less space.

How about they're just stupid, and obviously haven't caught on to internet lingo yet, despite the internet's 30 year lifespan.
https://maddox.xmission.com/hatemail.cgi?p=1#CAPSLOCK
A modern house without a flush toilet... uncanny.

Offline Motrax

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: August 13, 2004, 08:16:36 PM
And that's why we need moderators!
"I always make sure that the lid over the keyboard is open before I start to play." --  Artur Schnabel, after being asked for the secret of piano playing.

Offline faulty_damper

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 12:03:23 AM
I guess the internet has been moderated by those who don't know how to use the exclamation point! ::)

Idiots! ;D

Offline Tash

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 02:22:15 PM
oh yeah ALL caps is annoying i tend to only do it to a few words to emphasise them since in emails and on msn it doesn't give the option of using bold to emphasise so caps is just an alternative. but all caps seems kind of abusive
'J'aime presque autant les images que la musique' Debussy

Offline Motrax

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 07:24:07 PM
The opposite of using all caps is likewise irritating to grammar-obsessive geeks such as myself.

;)
"I always make sure that the lid over the keyboard is open before I start to play." --  Artur Schnabel, after being asked for the secret of piano playing.

Offline Nightscape

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: October 22, 2004, 03:38:09 AM
That pesky luda888 or whatever keeps posting random topics in all CAPS.  She also keeps reviving really old topics and confusing people in general.  Although it was funny when she said "THE REVOLUTIONARY!"
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert