Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: Happy Easter: Fluffy Bunnies 2, by Solomon Elijah Rohan Andrews  (Read 2627 times)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
Happy Easter everyone. I give you Fluffy Bunnies 2. This is by my fur-child and student, Solomon Elijah Rohan Andrews, an orange cat. This compositional method involves a cat, a piano, and a red twistie tie that Solomon wants to attack. It's actually quite challenging to get an appropriate stochastic distribution of tones to avoid too much paw-repetition as he gains balance for attacking the twisty tie.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Well, haha... ;D
you know I really like your music very much! :)

And I like this as well!
Yep.
If there just wasn't this slight suspicion... :-\

The suspicion of you being just 'political'  :-\
The "tonal fraction" versus the "atonal" or "modernist fraction"

Which would be just boring. Because, of course, both are right, so why do they fight against one another?

But I decided to listen to it just as music :)

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Derek, I get the feeling this is neither the bunny nor the cat, but indeed I actually indeed really do like it.
Don't let anyone know where you tie your goat.

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
I should have filmed it, this was in fact performed entirely by my cat. He's quite a talented fellow isn't he?

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
Scary

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Wow I think it's really cool too  8) Yes you should have filmed it!  :P Oh now I really wish my cat could play something like this too!  :P  8)

Offline Derek

• PS Silver Member
If he has as intense bloodlust for small dangly objects I'm sure he could perform something just as intricate and well composed as this.  :)

Offline furtwaengler

• PS Silver Member
The thing that got me was the dynamics...that the typical cat would not have that weight. Solomon must be a thundercat. Also the amount of notes played, and where they're played. I then realized dynamics and weight are not the same on some instruments.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
If he has as intense bloodlust for small dangly objects I'm sure he could perform something just as intricate and well composed as this.  :)
Well I tried it today but she gets a little scared of the sound... so I gave her some treats on the piano  :) and that worked a little but she's still very careful about stepping on the piano keys  :P but maybe she'll get used to it after awhile  :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert