Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: LISZT - Piano Concerto No.1 in E-flat Major - Enzo (solo, NO orchestra)  (Read 7773 times)

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
posted June 27, 2011

2nd mvt: 5:34       3rd mvt: 10:00       4th mvt: 13:54

A lot of things WENT WRONG !!! >:( The whole Manila was flooded by severe rainfall brought about by a tropical storm. The venue was flooded  :o.... the orchestra members could not come ... many were NOT able to go home the night before due to floods and were dead tired and sleepy ... we had to postpone the recital which Enzo prepared so hard for to June 30 instead of June 25.

And Enzo was obviously upset and distracted, so were we. Since we were already there ... we decided that we might as well do some practice & recording .... hope you like it despite the No-Orchestra setup. BTW ... we had to cut portions where his teacher gives guidance and parts for the orchestra were shortened. Thanks for listening and watching.

ANY COMMENTS ARE VERY WELCOME

=    =    =    =    =   =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =    =
posted April 30, 2011

YT VIDEO _ 1st and 2nd movements.  We wish, while the
learning process is still in the early stages, for other opinions and
viewpoints in order to broaden our understanding and performance.  

Enzo has been working on this Liszt concerto and several other pieces for
a solo recital on June 25, 2011.  We will ever be so grateful for any inputs.  
THANKS !!!!! :)
=    =    =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =     =

E D I T
May 20, 2011

Allow me to bump this post with the 3rd & 4th movements of
Piano Concerto No.1 by Franz Liszt.
 We really wish there would be
some inputs as the recital will be in 5-6 weeks ... it seems it is the dad who is
becoming jittery!!     hehheee
member on behalf of my son, Lorenzo

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Hi :) I wish I could give a smart and helpful comment but of course I can't...  :-\ But I wish I could play as good as Enzo!  :) Does Enzo ever get nervous cause he doesn't look like he would get nervous at all! I'm always too nervous!  ::) Oh and I noticed he is leaning towards the piano kinda a lot too, like me  :)  :P
Well I really hope someone else will comment and give some advice!!  :)  :)

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt Piano Concerto No.1, Complete (practice) - Enzo
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 02:08:44 PM
Allow me to bump this post with the 3rd & 4th movements of
Piano Concerto No.1 by Franz Liszt.
 We really wish there would be
some inputs as the recital will be in 5-6 weeks ... it seems it is the dad who is
becoming jittery!! ;D   :o hehheee

Thank you littletune for your kind comment :) ... I am sure with more time
and more practice you will bloom to the pianist you want to be.  Aaahhh ..
being nervous is just so common among performers and ways to lessen that
would be to perform more often and to be well prepared.  Of course Enzo
becomes quite nervous but he has learned how to control it very well that
it seems he is not at all affected. Not to worry... it will come with time
and more exposure.  Again many thanks for the encouragement and best
wishes to you.

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Re: Liszt Piano Concerto No.1, COMPLETE (practice) - Enzo
Reply #3 on: May 21, 2011, 12:48:27 AM
Greetings Emill...

First of all - before I say anything - Enzo is missing a crotchet rest in the first 10 seconds of the 3rd movement. 12th bar of the third movement.

Also - becareful of some of the little semiquaver entrances. Some of them in the beginning sounds as if they're coming before the beat (the passage after the one I mentioned above.

Technically there isn't much to say - he obviously has a good teacher who seems to be ensuring that he's learning well. The one thing I would stress however is to play as if the orchestra was playing. Think of what the orchestra is doing between the parts where Enzo plays.

Yes there are parts that still seem a little rough - but considering how he usually plays - I'm sure they'll sound much more solidified closer to the performance.

Also - I would NOT rush the Piu mosso section in Mov 4 (Conductor score M) and play it that fast. It seemed to become out of control there.

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 02:04:29 AM
Good night, the boy can play!!!  Sorry I can't give any critical comments because I'm an idiot regarding classical, but holy cow, he can wear it out!!!
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 01:24:38 PM
Hi perfect_pitch !! ;D

We really appreciate your suggestions  :) ...  I guess it was my fault cutting the pauses Enzo made for the orchestra .. the sins of a non-pianist editor!! :( ... and YES, he has a tendency to rush things in the 4th movement.

I have printed and given your comments to Enzo and I am sure those will be points of discussions in their lesson tomorrow.  Yes he has a good teacher who understands his moods so much better than I do!!  hehhee ;D ...  THANKS AGAIN for the HELP!!!

Hi floydcramerfan!!!

Make it 2 idiots !!!! ;D ;D  I do not play the piano too, but for half a century now has been hooked to the classics.....  THANKS for the encouragement!!

Offline emill

• PS Silver Member

2nd mvt: 5:34       3rd mvt: 10:00       4th mvt: 13:54

Please allow me to update this post with "final" rehearsal supposed to be with orchestra BUT....

A lot of things WENT WRONG !!!  The whole Manila was flooded by severe rainfall brought about by a tropical storm. The venue was flooded  .... the orchestra members could not come ... many were NOT able to go home the night before due to floods and were dead tired and sleepy ... we had to postpone the recital which Enzo prepared so hard for to June 30 instead of June 25.

And Enzo was obviously upset and distracted, so were we. Since we were already there ... we decided that we might as well do some practice & recording .... hope you like it despite the No-Orchestra setup. BTW ... we had to cut portions where his teacher gives guidance and parts for the orchestra were shortened.  Thank you!!!!
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert