Piano Forum

Rhapsody in Blue – A Piece of American History at 100!
The centennial celebration of George Gershwin’s Rhapsody in Blue has taken place with a bang and noise around the world. The renowned work of American classical music has become synonymous with the jazz age in America over the past century. Piano Street provides a quick overview of the acclaimed composition, including recommended performances and additional resources for reading and listening from global media outlets and radio. Read more >>

Topic: Choping Prelude Opus 28 no 18 do you think i'm ready?  (Read 2190 times)

Offline graceful

• PS Silver Member
Hello, I know I am quite new to this community, but I hope you can accept my presence here. I really do like how the forums are run here and I am highly respectful about that so I am hoping that I could find an answer here. I have been playing piano since the age of 2, but I wasn't really fond of it until I reached the average playing level. Now I am chopin' till i'm dropping. (Sorry for the bad expression). I have finished the playing area of RCM Level 5. (I am HIGHLY capable of doing much higher, just 5 is a good starter as I have played 7s and 8s). To name a few pieces I have played are: Fur Elise, Sonatina in E I think by Mozart, Bach Sonatinas, and one Chopin piece. I have played numerous urban pieces as well, but this one is grade 8+ and it is EXTREMELY fast for my diligent fingers, but I learned through practice that I can accomplish this speed with finger memory placement. I usually tend to play intermediate pieces, and this is a revolution for me, but I really love it! So am I ready? (Either answer, I will probably still try to play this piece, I just need to know what to expect).