Piano Forum

Remembering the great Maurizio Pollini
Legendary pianist Maurizio Pollini defined modern piano playing through a combination of virtuosity of the highest degree, a complete sense of musical purpose and commitment that works in complete control of the virtuosity. His passing was announced by Milan’s La Scala opera house on March 23. Read more >>

Topic: OMG Valentina Lisitsa Playing Rach 3 In My City!!!!~  (Read 4625 times)

Offline mediumwell

• PS Silver Member
OMG... sorry for the freakout but i am so excited about this, valentina lisitsa (my favorite pianist currently) is coming to denver to play the rach 3!!...in ten months... XD been in love with the song since i saw/heard parts of it in the movie Shine.

GAHH.  just had to post it, i'm so excited to hear how she'll play it!  SO EXCITE! XD

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Re: OMG Valentina Lisitsa Playing Rach 3 In My City!!!!~
Reply #1 on: May 20, 2011, 01:19:57 AM
The most important is left...

WHERE?
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline perfect_pitch

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: May 20, 2011, 01:21:09 AM
DAMN... You lucky sod. I don't think Valentina will ever visit Australia... ever.

You're bloody lucky. I envy the crap out of you.

Offline fleetfingers

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: May 20, 2011, 03:47:35 AM
That's awesome!

How did you find out??? I just looked at the calendar on her website and it's not on there. How can I search to find out if she is coming to other locations in the western U.S.?

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: May 20, 2011, 12:18:41 PM
Next Weekend (May 28th) she will play in Lucerne, Switzerland, John 90 and me will go there :)

Edit: OHH NOOOO!! I just got a mail that the concert has been cancelled!!!! :'(  :'(

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: May 21, 2011, 04:04:06 AM
The most important is left...

WHERE?

Denver, Colorado

Offline cherub_rocker1979

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: May 21, 2011, 04:05:26 AM
OMG... sorry for the freakout but i am so excited about this, valentina lisitsa (my favorite pianist currently) is coming to denver to play the rach 3!!...in ten months... XD been in love with the song since i saw/heard parts of it in the movie Shine.

GAHH.  just had to post it, i'm so excited to hear how she'll play it!  SO EXCITE! XD

Lucky you! I'm sure it'll be a great concert!

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: May 21, 2011, 04:25:18 AM
Oh, how cool is that!
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline countrymath

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: May 21, 2011, 08:10:23 PM
I would be happy is she comes to my bed :)
  • Mozart-Sonata KV310 - A minor

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: May 21, 2011, 08:28:11 PM
Oh my word, lol.
I don't practice.  I call it play because I enjoy it. --A quote by Floyd Cramer.

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: May 21, 2011, 08:30:46 PM
I would be happy is she comes to my bed :)

Haha  ;D  I guess you are not the only one old chap (as Thal uses to say) but as far as I know 1. She's happily married. And 2. She practices 13 hours a day or more. She's a real workaholic... 8) So I don't think there's much space for amourous adventures :P

Offline floydcramerfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: May 21, 2011, 08:36:30 PM
Golly, I love to play, but I can't even imagine practicing for 13 hours every day.  How would you do anything else?

Offline pianowolfi

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: May 21, 2011, 08:39:55 PM
Golly, I love to play, but I can't even imagine practicing for 13 hours every day.  How would you do anything else?

I would love to be able to do that, really! But I have to teach and even if I had the time I would be too exhausted after 5-8 hours. But perhaps that's a matter of training.

Offline mediumwell

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: May 22, 2011, 01:15:23 AM
That's awesome!

How did you find out??? I just looked at the calendar on her website and it's not on there. How can I search to find out if she is coming to other locations in the western U.S.?

I was talking with a friend about going to the symphony some time so i checked my city's symphony schedule and i saw her face and was like "hmm, maybe its someone who looks similar", clicked on it, saw her name, fell out chair, panic, buy ticket. 

lol

Offline john90

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: May 22, 2011, 05:34:47 AM
I was talking with a friend about going to the symphony some time so i checked my city's symphony schedule and i saw her face and was like "hmm, maybe its someone who looks similar", clicked on it, saw her name, fell out chair, panic, buy ticket. 
I looked at the calendar on Valentina's website, and to my surprise I found out that she was performing 20 miles away at the end of the month! I reserved tickets, and was told it was a small concert room at the local Bösendorfer dealer, and that max 50 people would fit in there. If we turned up 15 minutes early we could choose any seat and sit next to the keyboard! This is the concert Wolfi mentioned that had been cancelled. It wasn't Valentina that cancelled it, all the other concerts due to happen there have been cancelled too. Although the miracle didn't happen, it could have done!

Offline mediumwell

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: May 22, 2011, 07:15:01 AM
^ lucky... :P
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert