Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: Edition of La Campanella  (Read 2166 times)

Offline jzp93

• PS Silver Member
Edition of La Campanella
on: June 22, 2011, 03:58:58 AM
I'm trying to get the best copy for my son. I dont know which version or edition is best. His music school doesn't have a lot of resources so I surf the web and forums to educate myself and order stuff for him. His teacher is using the Busoni version over Gallico. She was using the 1838 but I told her we like the one that Kissin plays so now she's using the 1851 by Busoni. She hasn't seen the EMB version I have yet and it says it's a "New edition". Which edition of La Campanella is best, the Busoni, Gallico or Edito Musica Budapest. Which one is closest to the one Evgeny Kissin plays in you tube? Thanks.

Offline noambenhamou

• PS Silver Member
Re: Edition of La Campanella
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2011, 03:43:12 PM
Liszt etude #3 on theme by paganini - La campanella. It's extremely common.

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert