Piano Forum logo
November 17, 2017, 09:09:04 PM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Yuja Wang at Verbier Festival 2013

In this 3 minute interview Yuja Wang tells us, among other things, the secret of her harmony between fingers and spirit. Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Chopin Ballade No. 1 in Gmin  (Read 1218 times)
shhpf
PS Silver Member

« on: August 25, 2004, 04:03:22 AM »

I have started to learn this piece, and over time I want to be able to play the whole thing, but I would really appreciate any advice that you guys can offer as to how to tackle this song, particularly the part right before the first "Meno Mosso" and the last two pages. In general though I'd appreaciate any tips on playing it or practicing it. Thank you.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Ballade 1
larse
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 01:42:00 AM »

I've played it myself this summer. I saw "The Pianist", and I was caught by that piece. I had to play it. But it's no different than any other piece. The only tip on how to tackle the technical difficulties presented in this pieces is: Rehearse. If you're asking for something in particular, please be more specific. refer to bars and notes, that way I can answer.
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: