Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Suggestion about topics  (Read 1444 times)

Offline pianoman53

• PS Silver Member
Suggestion about topics
on: July 18, 2011, 05:28:22 PM
I've read a few topics, to see what people here are like before I become a part of it (Hi, btw), and it seems that people go of topic, a lot. Maybe if would be a good idea that the creator of the topic could delete it. It might could work like the "report" (but with "delete"), that you send a motivation about why the post should be deleted. It seems quite upsetting if you ask something quite simple, but that couple of people goes insane on something completely different.

Kind regards.

Offline pianoman53

• PS Silver Member
Re: Suggestion about topics
Reply #1 on: July 18, 2011, 05:31:43 PM
this should ofc be, if it's possible, only avalible for the author of the topic...

Offline sordel

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: July 20, 2011, 03:43:36 PM
If that rule got brought in no one would contribute to anyone else's topics! You'd just get anyone who wanted to say anything starting up their own topic to say it ... and there are too many topics started up as it is.
In the interests of full disclosure: I do not play the piano (at all).

Offline pianoman53

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: July 20, 2011, 04:09:11 PM
Well, there are at least as many topics with someone asking a real question, that goes of into something about everything but that subject. And I don't think everyone would start a topic and then delete everything.. I mean, why would they start a topic?

It was something about tocatas. After 3 posts the discussion was completely somewhere else. And someone about dramatic pieces... Basically every discussion with over 50 posts has gone from the subject to personal attacks.

Offline sordel

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: July 20, 2011, 06:57:29 PM
Basically every discussion with over 50 posts has gone from the subject to personal attacks.

I take your point, but I don't see how letting the thread creator delete the thread helps anything. If anyone wants to talk about the most difficult toccata or the most dramatic piece of music, at least they have a thread for that at the moment ... does anyone gain by letting someone arbitrarily deploy the nuclear option on their own thread? It would just turn every forum member into a de facto moderator of every thread that they initiate.
In the interests of full disclosure: I do not play the piano (at all).

Offline pianoman53

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: July 20, 2011, 07:05:55 PM
I take your point, but I don't see how letting the thread creator delete the thread helps anything. If anyone wants to talk about the most difficult toccata or the most dramatic piece of music, at least they have a thread for that at the moment ... does anyone gain by letting someone arbitrarily deploy the nuclear option on their own thread? It would just turn every forum member into a de facto moderator of every thread that they initiate.
yeah, what a shame if the author of the thread had some control over it =/ Lets just go ot everywhere, why would people get their questions answered?...
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert