Piano Forum

Does Rachmaninoff Touch Your Heart?
Today, with smartwatches and everyday electronics, it is increasingly common to measure training results, heart rate, calorie consumption, and overall health. But monitoring heart rate of pianists and audience can reveal interesting insights on several other aspects within the musical field. Read more >>

Topic: Top 5 Best Piano Songs of All Time  (Read 238808 times)

Offline dedalus89

• PS Silver Member
Re: Top 5 Best Piano Songs of All Time
Reply #50 on: December 07, 2023, 06:50:41 PM
I mean the words song and piece really do have a distinctive meaning with all songs being pieces (even pop songs) but not all pieces being songs.  When I read the title I thought it was talking about songs with piano-- that is, piano and a singer

Offline transitional

• PS Silver Member
Reply #51 on: December 08, 2023, 12:39:02 AM
I mean the words song and piece really do have a distinctive meaning with all songs being pieces (even pop songs) but not all pieces being songs.  When I read the title I thought it was talking about songs with piano-- that is, piano and a singer
5.  The C-C# leitmotif of "Jaws"
4.  Chopsticks
3.  Heart & Soul
2.  that black-key-only knuckle thing
1.  4'33"
Well I mean does this look serious? If it is, what a great, hilarious list of favorite pieces. It's amazing that you can maintain such a well-rounded list.
Advanced pianist and beginner composer. The Schubert sonatas are amazing and I want to learn all of them eventually!

Online liszt-and-the-galops

• PS Silver Member
Reply #52 on: February 26, 2024, 04:06:12 PM
In no particular order:
Reflets Dans L'eau (Debussy)
Grand Galop Chromatique (Liszt)
La Campanella (Liszt)
Ballade no. 1 (Chopin)
Petrushka mvt. 1 (Stravinsky)
Amateur pianist, beginning composer, conqueror of the Last post wins thread, creator of the Musical Madness tournament (2024).
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert