Piano Forum logo
November 20, 2017, 07:58:19 AM *
   Forum Home   Help Search  

Famous Composers Alive and Just a Click Away

That a recording exists of the voice of Tchaikovsky tantalizes the imagination. If there is a Tchaikovsky recording on an Edison cylinder, might there not also be, hidden away in a dusty shoebox in an attic somewhere, another cylinder with Liszt at the piano? Read more >>

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Help Fur Elise Measure 8  (Read 4944 times)
dns637
PS Silver Member

« on: November 18, 2011, 08:50:38 PM »

1. I would like to know what these numbers represent on top of the measure, 1 and 2.

2. The bold lines that separate a measure what is it called and it's purpose when playing the notes.  

Thanks a lot!

* Fur Elise.pdf (126.2 KB - downloaded 51 times.)
Do you find this post useful? Yes / No

piano sheet music of Für Elise
drkilroy
PS Silver Member

« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 09:00:20 PM »

The bold lines are used whenever the repetition marks are used, eg. they separate sections that should be repeated.

The lines with numbers are voltas - when you play the section for the first time, you use the measure with the first volta over it, when you repeat the section, you play the measure with the second volta over it.

Best regards, Dr

HASTINGS: Why don't you get yourself some turned down collars, Poirot? They're much more the thing, you know.
[...]
POIROT: The turned down collar is the first sign of decay of the grey cells!
dns637
PS Silver Member

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 10:51:08 PM »

The bold lines are used whenever the repetition marks are used, eg. they separate sections that should be repeated.

The lines with numbers are voltas - when you play the section for the first time, you use the measure with the first volta over it, when you repeat the section, you play the measure with the second volta over it.

Best regards, Dr

thank you...it's clear now...
flyinfingers
PS Silver Member

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 05:27:36 AM »

Maybe this will help you altogether:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJQZy2PB1B8&feature=relmfu

Cheers!

Love this piece.  I think it was the first piece I learned at a young age where I really felt like I could emotionally connect to the piano.

I wear my heart on my sleeve.  Don't touch my shirt!  Coined by yours truly, flyinfingers
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  

Need more info or help?

Search pianostreet.com - the web's largest resource of information about piano playing:

Jump to:  

Most popular classical piano composers: