Piano Forum

Lucas Debargue - A Matter of Life or Death
Pianist Lucas Debargue recently recorded the complete piano works of Gabriel Fauré on the Opus 102, a very special grand piano by Stephen Paulello. Eric Schoones from the German/Dutch magazine PIANIST had a conversation with him. Read more >>

Topic: Tell Me Your Dreams  (Read 9993 times)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Tell Me Your Dreams
on: December 14, 2011, 06:46:09 PM
Well, when the alarm went off this morning, I woke up with a jolt. Nearly tumbled out of bed, actually, because just before I was rudely disturbed by the clock, I had been chased down a steep, narrow alley by a crazed pig! It wasn't actually an alley. If you've watched the Winter Olympics and you've followed bobsled racing, you know, where an athlete or two get into this torpedo type "sled" and they go careening down this narrow, crazily curved iced tunnel at breakneck speed, that's sort of what I'm trying to describe happened to me. Except that there was a massive crazed hog breathing down my back, hot on my tail!

The dream began with a night visitation by my neighbor and his wife. They told me they came to visit because I had left our door open. Next thing I know, they had gotten into a taxi and were going to the hospital as she had to have a biopsy. Then, I found myself in a farm type building and it was full of pigs. And you know the rest.

So I thought I'd share my dream with you. I don't often dream as I'm a chronic insomniac or I suppose I usually forget my dreams upon waking, if I get to sleep at all. Often our dreams are strange, sometimes downright bizarre, at times funny. So do ....TELL ME YOUR DREAMS.

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: TELL ME YOUR DREAMS
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, 07:10:54 PM
I keep having a dream where I am playing the piano in concert and the keyboard gradually shrinks, so I end up with about 5 keys instead of 88.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, 08:30:10 PM
Thal that sounds bad! But I mean at least it wouldn't be your fault if you couldn't play well! I mean I'm sure people would understand that it can't sound as it should if you only have 5 keys left on the piano!  :o  :)

Well I had a weird dream today. It was like I was dreaming the end of dreams first and then the beginning.  :P First I was looking at some videos of me on my mobile phone  :-\ and they were underwater videos! And I couldn't remember anything from those videos. So it was really weird cause it was me in the videos but I didn't remember recording any uderwater videos or even being underwater... And I was thinking I would never take my mobile phone underwater  :P so I started thinking... and I remembered that some time ago I had a headache and that I couldn't remember what i was doing a little before that... and then the last thing I remembered was that I was jumping into the water from somewhere high. So I kinda figured out that I probably hit my head when I jumped into the water and so I lost some of my memory. Well I think that didn't really explain everything but I think I woke up then.  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: December 14, 2011, 08:35:29 PM
I keep having a dream where I am playing the piano in concert and the keyboard gradually shrinks, so I end up with about 5 keys instead of 88.

Thal

I wonder if you could have played Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the remaining 5 keys? Victor Borge would have done that.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: December 14, 2011, 08:38:27 PM
Thal that sounds bad! But I mean at least it wouldn't be your fault if you couldn't play well! I mean I'm sure people would understand that it can't sound as it should if you only have 5 keys left on the piano!  :o  :)

Well I had a weird dream today. It was like I was dreaming the end of dreams first and then the beginning.  :P First I was looking at some videos of me on my mobile phone  :-\ and they were underwater videos! And I couldn't remember anything from those videos. So it was really weird cause it was me in the videos but I didn't remember recording any uderwater videos or even being underwater... And I was thinking I would never take my mobile phone underwater  :P so I started thinking... and I remembered that some time ago I had a headache and that I couldn't remember what i was doing a little before that... and then the last thing I remembered was that I was jumping into the water from somewhere high. So I kinda figured out that I probably hit my head when I jumped into the water and so I lost some of my memory. Well I think that didn't really explain everything but I think I woke up then.  :P

I wonder why we get dreams like that? I've also had such dreams in the past, sometimes I'm underwater, trying to breathe and someone is holding me down, trying to drown me. I've even fallen off the bed!! Thanks for sharing your dream. I enjoyed it.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, 08:08:31 PM
Oh today I remember dreaming about practicing Sonatina only with the left hand (to make it quieter like Rachfan told me to).  :)
And then I was also dreaming about the music school doggy... I found him! And I was really happy and I thought: now I don't have to look for him anymore and write to those people cause I found him. And he wasn't even far. I was going by a lot of times I just didn't look far enough. And I thought that where he was now was a lot better than where he was before. Cause he had more space and a lot of nature around and the cars weren't that close, so I though that must be a lot healthier for him.
But then I was pretty disappointed when I realized it was only a dream.  :-\

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #6 on: December 17, 2011, 01:41:28 AM
Oh today I remember dreaming about practicing Sonatina only with the left hand (to make it quieter like Rachfan told me to).  :)
And then I was also dreaming about the music school doggy... I found him! And I was really happy and I thought: now I don't have to look for him anymore and write to those people cause I found him. And he wasn't even far. I was going by a lot of times I just didn't look far enough. And I thought that where he was now was a lot better than where he was before. Cause he had more space and a lot of nature around and the cars weren't that close, so I though that must be a lot healthier for him.
But then I was pretty disappointed when I realized it was only a dream.  :-\

Who is Rachfan? I'm so glad your found the doggy, even if it was only in your dreams. Do you have a real doggy? I get strange dreams that have to do with my pets and family, too. One was so scary I can't even post on the forum, for fear that someone would actually do that to their cat. Oh, it makes me shudder. Thanks for sharing your dream.

Offline m1469

• PS Silver Member
Reply #7 on: December 17, 2011, 02:32:42 AM

Thal

That's a nightmare!

Lately my dreams have been a place of working some things out - supposedly that's a big part of what our dreams are in general, but it's not normally entirely obvious to me.  Some of my recent dreams have been quite obvious in those ways.  One night, recently, I was telling somebody *exactly* all the things I would like for them to have understood about a particular situation, but never really had the opportunity to say, and even if I had the opportunity, probably still wouldn't say it.  So things that I in general don't feel I could say but that I still would just like this person to understand.  This was a feeling of tying up a loose end and moving on with my life.  

Another recent night I dreamt that somebody (else) was expressing to me something that, I didn't know in real life, I needed them to express to me but that apparently I've wanted on some deep level.  This dream was a kind of reunion, "coming home," and a kind of resolution to something which has been deeply ... "troubling" to me at times over the last several years.

And then there have been a couple of others, which you could say would be a kind of new beginnings :).
"The greatest thing in this world is not so much where we are, but in what direction we are moving"  ~Oliver Wendell Holmes

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #8 on: December 17, 2011, 03:09:18 AM
I don't remember any of my dreams.  I know I have them though since I wake up sometimes and remember them for a few moments.
Favorite new teacher quote -- "You found the only possible wrong answer."

Offline jesc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #9 on: December 17, 2011, 05:34:44 AM
I had this depressing dream.

I'm a lot older and teaching my son to play the piano. He's quite small probably, I don't know, maybe 4 to 6 years old. He's fidgety but still tries his best to pay attention and learn.

Then I ask him, "Do you want to do something else?". He looks up to me with those big eyes (can't forget that) and answers timidly almost ashamed "Yes."

I then said "Ok, you can go now." and he jumps off the bench quickly and runs to play. I'm left there staring at the piano thinking this is something I might not be able to pass on.

Offline pianoplayjl

• PS Silver Member
Reply #10 on: December 17, 2011, 11:42:59 AM
A year ago I had this weird yet disturbing dream and it was the day before my piano exam. In this dream I had a little sister and she was sitting on a stool practicing the piano. She was crying. Dad was sitting on a chair beside the stool and was caning her. Every mistake my little sister made Dad forced her to strip.

JL
Funny? How? How am I funny?

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #11 on: December 18, 2011, 08:04:24 PM
Who is Rachfan? I'm so glad your found the doggy, even if it was only in your dreams. Do you have a real doggy? I get strange dreams that have to do with my pets and family, too. One was so scary I can't even post on the forum, for fear that someone would actually do that to their cat. Oh, it makes me shudder. Thanks for sharing your dream.
Rachfan is a member on Pianostreet.  :) He posted in my thread in the audition room too.  :)
Yes I do have a real dog. :) She is a small doggy :) And she's very cute of course :)  8)

Today I think I was dreaming really a lot of things.. but I only remember some of them... like we had to go on an airplane, I think with school, and I was afraid of it... I think there were two airplanes and each had two floors and it was like a secret who is on wich plane and on which floor of the plane. Like noone was alowed to say it cause they said it was dangerous.
Then I was also dreaming about looking at some old photos and some had sound with them too... like you put them in a machine and there was a picture and also a sound recording (that was only a few seconds long). And I was really surprised and I thought wow I didn't really think this would work!  :P
And then I was also dreaming about going to a recital or something (but I wasn't playing) and there were some really mean and annoying people who were complaining all the time... and being mean and rude to others ::)

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #12 on: December 18, 2011, 11:48:28 PM
A year ago I had this weird yet disturbing dream and it was the day before my piano exam. In this dream I had a little sister and she was sitting on a stool practicing the piano. She was crying. Dad was sitting on a chair beside the stool and was caning her. Every mistake my little sister made Dad forced her to strip.

JL

I have a feeling that your little sister (in your dream) will not end up as a concert pianist!  :-[

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #13 on: December 19, 2011, 12:55:47 AM
I finally remembered a few dreams.  Obvious what they mean.

I got mugged.  In slow motion, so I was aware of what was going on but I couldn't do anything about it.

I suddenly realize I either forgot to register for a class or I'm signed up for a class but I didn't attent any of the classes and now it's late into the semester.  Maybe too late to add the class or I'd have to take a hit on the grade and do a huge amount of make up work. 

I'm living in an apartment and it gets robbed.  In one version someone has the keys from being a previous tenant.  I had that one last night again.  In last night's I kept getting robbed, again and again.  I don't believe the police were doing anything.  I remember thinking about having a gun handy to take care of the thieves the next time.  But then I would go out and return and the place would be robbed again.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #14 on: December 19, 2011, 04:32:58 PM
I finally remembered a few dreams.  Obvious what they mean.

I got mugged.  In slow motion, so I was aware of what was going on but I couldn't do anything about it.

I suddenly realize I either forgot to register for a class or I'm signed up for a class but I didn't attent any of the classes and now it's late into the semester.  Maybe too late to add the class or I'd have to take a hit on the grade and do a huge amount of make up work. 

I'm living in an apartment and it gets robbed.  In one version someone has the keys from being a previous tenant.  I had that one last night again.  In last night's I kept getting robbed, again and again.  I don't believe the police were doing anything.  I remember thinking about having a gun handy to take care of the thieves the next time.  But then I would go out and return and the place would be robbed again.

With all these dreams about getting mugged and robbed, don't you feel a bit fearful in real life?

Offline Bob

• PS Silver Member
Reply #15 on: December 20, 2011, 12:26:44 AM
Safety is on my mind when I'm out. 

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #16 on: December 21, 2011, 09:45:50 PM
Safety is on my mind when I'm out. 
Well just be happy you're not a rat or a mouse!

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #17 on: December 22, 2011, 02:27:44 AM
Well just be happy you're not a rat or a mouse!

Yes!  :o

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #18 on: December 24, 2011, 10:20:40 PM
Today I was dreaming all sorts of weird dreams but what I remember the most was that I was chewing a chewing gum (even though I don't chew chewing gums very often) and then I started to fall asleep with the chewing gum in my mouth... and I was thinking oh no I shouldn't fall asleep with a chewing gum in my mouth cause it's dangerous... but i was really sleepy and I couldn't keep myself awake... and then I woke up (in real life) and I still had the taste of the chewing gum in my mouth but of course it wasn't in my mouth and I really got scared that I fell asleep and I didn't know what happened with it. I'm really afraid of that because when I was at preschool I once inhaled a candy and almost sufficated... it was really scary... so I'm always a little afraid of eating candy... and I chew it even though it's not good for your teeth, but it scares me cause I can still remember that feeling of inhaling something and then not being able to breath!

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #19 on: December 25, 2011, 12:31:45 AM
Today I was dreaming all sorts of weird dreams but what I remember the most was that I was chewing a chewing gum (even though I don't chew chewing gums very often) and then I started to fall asleep with the chewing gum in my mouth... and I was thinking oh no I shouldn't fall asleep with a chewing gum in my mouth cause it's dangerous... but i was really sleepy and I couldn't keep myself awake... and then I woke up (in real life) and I still had the taste of the chewing gum in my mouth but of course it wasn't in my mouth and I really got scared that I fell asleep and I didn't know what happened with it. I'm really afraid of that because when I was at preschool I once inhaled a candy and almost sufficated... it was really scary... so I'm always a little afraid of eating candy... and I chew it even though it's not good for your teeth, but it scares me cause I can still remember that feeling of inhaling something and then not being able to breath!

Is it possible to inhale something and choking on it?? Sounds like something President Clinton once said but I won't repeat it here!  ;)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 07:09:28 PM
I don't really understand what that's about but maybe I should have said aspirate?..  :-\ I don' t know... well it doesn't matter.  :)

Yesterday I was dreaming about some airplanes crushing  :o not airplanes for a lot of people, smaller planes but it was bad...  :(
and I was also dreaming about music school doggy again... and some other animals (there were a lot of different animals around).

And today I was dreaming something about school and how everyone stopped going to school or something (not everyone at the same time but every day there was less people) and then in the end it was only me and then school was over...  :P but I wasn't even happy  :-\ I was kinda angry at everyone cause they just stopped going to school... I don't know weird... and then I think I was also dreaming about a hotel for animals... but I'm not exactly sure... and then for a few seconds I was even dreaming about Thal!  ;D  :P I was dreaming that we were arm wrestling  ;D ... and I won!... no just kidding... I didn't have a chance not even in my dreams!!  >:(  ;D  :P

Where do I get all these dreams??  :P

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 09:57:34 PM
Is Thal someone from the forum? I wish I could have so many dreams. Perhaps if I keep reading about your dreams, I'll be able to dream, too!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #22 on: December 28, 2011, 10:16:29 PM
and then for a few seconds I was even dreaming about Thal!  ;D  :P I was dreaming that we were arm wrestling  ;D ... and I won!... no just kidding... I didn't have a chance not even in my dreams!!  >:(  ;D  :P

You probably could beat me now.

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline collectivecolors

• PS Silver Member
Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 04:25:50 PM
I wonder if you could have played Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star on the remaining 5 keys? Victor Borge would have done that.

I love Victor Borge! Have you seen his inflationary language?
“Oh what a tangled web we weave, When first we practice to deceive”-Sir Walter Scott

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 07:37:07 PM
I love Victor Borge! Have you seen his inflationary language?

You mean the one where he reads from the book but it sounds like farts and stuff??  ;)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 10:15:08 PM
You probably could beat me now.

Thal

That would be fun!  :P but I'm pretty sure I couldn't!  :)

Is Thal someone from the forum? I wish I could have so many dreams. Perhaps if I keep reading about your dreams, I'll be able to dream, too!

Yes Thalbergmad :) Well maybe I have too much imagination  :) Maybe you just don't wake up at the right times and that's why you just don't remember your dreams...

Today I was dreaming that our neighbours called the police (cause they said we were making noise or something  ::) ) and then the police came in a helicopter! It stopped near our balcony and a policeman was leaning out of it and was holiding a machine gun towards us like he was about to start shooting!!  :o and I looked and my doggy was sitting on the table (don't know why) close to the window (or balcony) and I grabbed her and pulled her down from the table and we were hiding a little but then they were on our balcony and were talking to us and they said that there's water running and that they don't know from where and that they would have to destroy half or our apartment to find what's wrong...
and I was dreaming some other things but I forgot now...
oh I was dreaming again about our balcony and that people were just walking by even though we live on the fourth floor... and my cat was walking around there too and once she slipped and I got scared she would fall and then I was holding her, and I also saw a shooting star.  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 10:10:04 PM
Today I was dreaming we were somewhere with school... and I had my liquid soap with me and lego blocks  :P and then there was this guy who was eating lego blocks  :o  ;D And then he took my lego blocks and started eating them  ;D and I was like: ok well you know I don't mind if you like eating lego blocks you can eat them, but please eat your own lego blocks not mine!  ;D
And then someone (I think it was the same guy) spat into my liquid soap!!  :o and then I was thinking Oh nooo I don't think I can use it anymore now... and I thought that maybe the germs are destoyed in the soap anyway but it still seemed really disgusting... and then we were preparing to go home and we had a turtle with us (but I don't think it was mine cause it was really small), and the teacher put my liquid soap in a little box (or whatever it was) and put the turtle in the soap  :o  :o and I was like: I don't think that's good for the turtle, and she was like: of course it is it's the best way to transport a turtle! and I was like: well but what if the turtle gets hungry or thirsty and then it will eat or drink soap!  :o and the teacher was like: no it can be without food and water for some time. And then I was like: well but someone spat into the soap, what if the turtle gets some germs from that?  :-\ and then she didn't answer she just started talking about some other things and I don't really remember what happened then.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #27 on: December 31, 2011, 03:23:06 AM
Today I was dreaming we were somewhere with school... and I had my liquid soap with me and lego blocks  :P and then there was this guy who was eating lego blocks  :o  ;D And then he took my lego blocks and started eating them  ;D and I was like: ok well you know I don't mind if you like eating lego blocks you can eat them, but please eat your own lego blocks not mine!  ;D
And then someone (I think it was the same guy) spat into my liquid soap!!  :o and then I was thinking Oh nooo I don't think I can use it anymore now... and I thought that maybe the germs are destoyed in the soap anyway but it still seemed really disgusting... and then we were preparing to go home and we had a turtle with us (but I don't think it was mine cause it was really small), and the teacher put my liquid soap in a little box (or whatever it was) and put the turtle in the soap  :o  :o and I was like: I don't think that's good for the turtle, and she was like: of course it is it's the best way to transport a turtle! and I was like: well but what if the turtle gets hungry or thirsty and then it will eat or drink soap!  :o and the teacher was like: no it can be without food and water for some time. And then I was like: well but someone spat into the soap, what if the turtle gets some germs from that?  :-\ and then she didn't answer she just started talking about some other things and I don't really remember what happened then.

LittleTune: I just laughed and laughed! What a funny dream! I felt sorry for your turtle and I am glad it happened in your dream! I agree that spitting into your soap was totally disgusting!! YUCK! YUCK! YUCK!  :o

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #28 on: January 02, 2012, 09:33:50 PM
Yes that with lego blocks was really funny  ;D  :P
Yesterday I was dreaming that I was playing (or trying to play) Bach's Prelude, the one that I just started learning (my first prelude of course).
And today I was dreaming lots of weird confusing things... some of them were that I was at a bus station and then I lost my shoes or something  :-\ I don't even know for sure I just think I had some problems with my shoes... And also about someone making some funny pictures of one person and the picture was made so that same person looked on one side like a guy and on the other side like a girl.  :) and then I also think I was dreaming I had a crush on some guy  :-\  :)  :P noone that I know in real life, just some guy  :-\ not a boy, a grownup guy  :P

Offline jesc

• PS Silver Member
Reply #29 on: January 03, 2012, 10:16:06 AM
I wish I still had those wacky dreams. Most of my dreams are so realistic, like the one I described above, that it's believable when told as a "matter of fact".

My latest dream is a nightmare. IRL, when it comes to urban driving I'm a bit of an &*#hole. So I had this dream that I was driving a freakin Ferrari. I can't recall the exact model but it was newly bought. I valued the car in my dream so much that I was so scared driving it. I couldn't be the *&^hole I was before.

The dream ended with me wishing something like "I don't want this! Give me back my old car!"

Offline ajspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #30 on: January 04, 2012, 03:22:55 AM
I do not remember my dreams ever..  infact I'm not entirely sure I have dreams at all..

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #31 on: January 04, 2012, 03:40:21 AM
AJ: We all have dreams. We just don't remember most of them unless we write them down when we wake up. Yeah, I'm still around....

Offline ajspiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #32 on: January 04, 2012, 03:43:44 AM
..well i mean that I definately had dreams when I was younger, and i remember them..  i don't anymore..

One time I was being chased around my primary school my dinosaur skeletons made of wood.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #33 on: January 04, 2012, 03:47:36 AM
I wonder why you don't have dreams anymore?

I had a dream two days ago. I was working as an advertising executive at a company in California. We had weekly sales quotas and in my dream, I lied about a couple of sales I hadn't made. I was afraid to lose my job but hadn't made any sales so I lied. Then, I was trying to cover up my lie and trying to figure out how to get around it. That's all I remember.

Offline ebnynivry

• PS Silver Member
Reply #34 on: January 05, 2012, 09:08:28 PM
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed, we hold these truths to be self-evident.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #35 on: January 06, 2012, 01:20:51 AM
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed, we hold these truths to be self-evident.

AMEN

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #36 on: January 11, 2012, 09:47:11 PM
Now when I started thinking about it I noticed that I rememberd at least some of my dreams every day! I wasn't even thinking about that before!  :P but I didn't have time to write about them every day and I don't think anyone would be all that interested in my dreams.  :P
Last week it was funny cause I was dreaming that I went to a public toilet (and i actually went to the guy's toilet  :P don't know why but I think I was pretending to be a boy  :P but that's not really that important) well when I put the toilet seat up it was all disgusting and NOT clean at all  :-X  :-X so of course I went to wash my hands but there was no soap!!!!  :o  :o so then in real life that same day when I went to the toilet at school and I wanted to wash my hands there was NO soap!!!!  :o  ::) so it was kinda like having a deja vu!!!
And today I was dreaming that me and my two friends were trying to escape some guy who was running after us with a gun  :o it was scary! And the worst thing was that there was also a little dog running with us... I don't know who's dog it was but he was really cute and he wasn't on a leash he was just running with us... he would run around and he would stay behind and then catch up and run forward and I was all the time afraid for him. And we were calling him all the time and his name was Tim (or Timmy). But then once he didn't come back anymore and then we kept calling him and then we heard that horrible guy with a gun say that he had him and that we have to wait for him if we wanted to save the doggy  :'( and then we just didn't know what to do!!  :'( I was thinking what if that guy is just lying and he doesn't really have the dog! But what if he really does and he kills him! It was really horrible!! and then I think I woke up.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #37 on: January 11, 2012, 11:47:23 PM
Littletune:

I like to hear about all your dreams so if you have time, please tell me your dreams.  :D 

Your toilet dream was quite hilarious, especially when it came true in real life!! Gosh! Next time I have a dream, I'll be careful the next day. It may happen!

The other dream was a NIGHTMARE! I'm glad you woke up and everything was okay!

Do you speak English a lot where you live? You sound just like an American teenager!

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #38 on: January 11, 2012, 11:50:04 PM
Do you speak English a lot where you live? You sound just like an American teenager!

Her English is better than that ;D

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #39 on: January 12, 2012, 05:50:13 PM
That wouldn't surprise me, Thal!

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #40 on: January 12, 2012, 08:07:20 PM
 :P thanks! Well I just really hope I don't sound like those crazy boring teenagers from some American tv series!  ::)  :-X I mean I don't even really feel like a teenager... I feel the same as when I was 12!  :P I think kids at 13 or 14 are really different, some are still the same as at 11 or 12 and some become those crazy booooriiiiing teenagers who only care about how they look and clothes and dating and other most boring things in the universe like that!  ::)

Well we learn English at school (some kids at preschool already some start in the first 3 grades if they want to, but everyone has to start learning English in the 4th grade) but we also learn a lot of English from tv and movies and internet of course.  :P

Well today I didn't dream anything that interesting I guess... well one dream that I remember was about that we were planning to go to an amusement park, somewhere in another country (maybe it was Gardaland in Italy, but I'm not sure) and I asked my friend to take care of my birds while we're gone and then we were leaving already, but then my parents just started saying that we can't go cause my mum couldn't go and then my dad couldn't go either and noone could go with me and of course they didn't let me go by myself and I was really disappointed and I got really angry. and then I don't remember anymore...

And the second dream I remember was about trying to escape some scary people again!  ::) well it started like that I was walking around here where I live and then I saw this really little kid completely alone, he was like 2 or 3 years old! and he looked scared and sad too. So I asked him if he was lost and he said yes. and I started asking him where he lived and he showed the apartment buildings just a little away, but he didn't know exactly where, so we went into different apartment buildings and were looking for the right apartment and I asked him if he knew his last name and of course he didn't cause he was too little and then we kinda found this apartment where the doors were open and he said it was that and we went in and there were some weird people that looked dangerous and they didn't want us to leave and so we climbed through a window and fortunately it wasn't that high and then I don't remember anymore...

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #41 on: January 12, 2012, 08:35:36 PM
You definitely don't sound like some of those crazy American teenage girls who talk non stop about nothing and spend all their time curling their hair, putting on gobs of makeup, and wearing the latest and worst fashion! But not all American teens are like that, though. Many are wholesome, like you! Thanks for telling me about your education. How about the other subjects in school? Do you learn them in Slovene (is that what your language is called)?  I'm always fascinated with people from other places as I'm from a foreign place as well and English is not my first language.

Sounds like you had another nightmare! EEE....  weren't you glad to wake up! I hope you're feeling better now (from your cold).

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #42 on: January 12, 2012, 09:46:48 PM
Yes it's Slovene (or Slovenian language)... no we don't learn other subjects in English except if you go to an international school (I was there a few times cause I had a few classes there).  :)

Thanks! I feel ok... I mean in some ways it got even a little worse than it was yesterday but it's ok :) I am a LOT more happy than l was last week!!  :P  8)  :)

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #43 on: January 13, 2012, 08:42:07 PM
Ok so today I had a lot of different short dreams...
first I was dreaming that I was at school waiting to get my math test results  ::)

then I was dreaming that my mum and me were going to the store and there was this homeless guy lying on the floor asking for money and he looked drunk so we didn't stop but then I looked back and I saw that a woman gave that guy some food and something to drink and he looked really hungry and thirsty but the woman only gave him this small bottle (like little baby bottle) of tea... and then me and my mum said he can go with us to the store and chose something to eat or drink... so then he chose a huge yoghurt (like a 1 liter bottle) cause it was something to drink and also food... but then he said if we could give him money and he would go and pay... and we did (I have no idea why!) but then he started taking all sorts of things and like 20 of those yoghurts and then some flowers and he said that he wanted to give us some flowers cause we were so nice to him, but he wanted to buy them with our money! So we said thanks but could you please give all those things back and just buy what we said we would buy because we really don't have a lot of money!

Then the next dream was something about that we went to eat out and of course I didn't want to eat meat but that lady was all annoyed and was saying that that's not possible that we have to order something with meat first  :o  ::)

Then one other dream was that my dad and two other guys were waiting near the stairs of our apartment building with bikes and then they said I had to hurry up or something but I guess I wasn't fast enought and something happend to one guy (like someone who was going by hit him or something like that) and then he was talking as if that was my fault cause I wasn't fast enough.

Then I was dreaming that I had this rock that I found and I wanted to keep it and I brought it home and put it somewhere but my mum said: Oh you really can't put that there! You can put it here if you want and she moved one of her things away... but the funniest thing was that we weren't even at home!!! we were outside in nature!!!  ;D somewhere where I go out with my dog! On the other side of the road where there are threes and all that and we were living there!  ;D it was like that was our apartment!!! and then when I was holding that rock half of it started to fall apart.

Then I was at school and a teacher was telling me what I needed to do. There were two texts and he was trying to explain what I had to do and I was really trying to understand but I didn't understand at all! And then I just said mhm as if I understood even thought I didn't, I just didn't want to make the teacher angry.

And the last one was that I was going home up the stairs and I stopped for awhile cause I was thinking about something and then there were two people from our apartment building going up the stairs and they started talking to me... and then the doors to our apartment were opened already (i don't know if my mum opened them or something) but then my dog came out and I got scared what if I couldn't catch her and I saw my cat coming too and I quickly closed the door. And I went to get my doggy and she just waited for me so then those neighbours were asking me why I was just sitting on the stairs and then I started looking at them and I noticed they looked a lot younger than they were supposed to, like as if it was like 20 years ago! And I started thinking how can that be and why but then I woke up!  :P ;D

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #44 on: January 15, 2012, 05:04:32 PM
What a lot of dreams in one night, Littletune! You must have felt like you were in a movie with all those vivid images going through your mind all night. I hope, in real life, that your math results were good. I'm quite sure they'd be good. As for the homeless guy, something like this actually happened to me some years back but instead, it was a homeless guy who was carrying a card saying something like, "Will work for food!" So we brought him home and he helped out a bit but he stole food from our house and kept asking for money so finally, we had to tell him to leave. When I do see homeless people and I feel that they're genuinely in need of food, I usually bring them some food instead of bringing them home with me or giving them money because you never know what they're going to buy with the money you give them. Sometimes they have dogs with them, too, so I bring the dog some food. Thanks for sharing your dreams with me. I enjoyed reading about them very much.

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #45 on: January 15, 2012, 07:42:21 PM
Yes that was really a lot of dreams even for me!  :)
Oh yes in real life my math test was pretty good... I mean I'm good at all other things at math except at geometry! which is weird because usually I'm better at things I can imagine (like physics), but I guess it's because I had some teachers who weren't that great and I never really learned geometry since like 4th or 5th grade!!!! So now I have to have another test at the end of January which will be only geometry!  :-\ so I really need to learn it well by then cause otherwise I'll have a much lower grade because of it! Cause I would have the best grade possible (which is a 5 in my country) but if I don't get better at geometry I would only have a 3 or maybe a 4.

Yesterday I had a nightmare agian!  ::) It was about that I was home alone and then someone came into the apartment!!!  :o And I ran to the balcony and I saw my mum (cause she was just on the other side of the street) and I was calling her but she didn't hear me! And I didn't know what to do (cause we live in the fourth floor!) And I was watching my mum and she was so close but she couldn't help me cause she didn't hear me... and I was really scared.

And today I was dreaming again something about being alone, but I wasn't alone yet, I was just preparing to be alone... cause my parents told me they were going somewhere for 5 days and I would have to be alone all that time... and I didn't have any friends that could come over or anyone so I was kinda worried about it (I mean in some way maybe it was a little exciting too but it was more scary).

Offline littletune

• PS Silver Member
Reply #46 on: January 16, 2012, 09:24:10 PM
Today I was dreaming that aliens came to Earth!  :o  :P  :)
Well it was like me and my mum were going somewhere and we saw this weird light and then it was becoming bigger and it was coming closer and then we could see the shape of the spaceship! And we got a little scared (specially me) and I said we should run away so we did and we went home and we were closing and locking the doors and windows but whenever we thought that all of the doors and windows were closed already we always found some new ones that we didn't even know how to close... and I was pretty scared and I had a feeling like the aliens were looking for me (I don't really know why).
And then just a guy appeared from somewhere and he said if we could give him some money cause he was from America and he only had American money and if we could give him just a little of our money.  ;D And he seemed really nice. So we gave him some change and we were talking to him and then I noticed that he looked a little unusual... like he had a face like a guy but the body more like a woman... so then I was thinking wow I can't even tell if this person is a girl or a guy... and then I started thinking oh maybe that's cause he's really an alien!! So when I was thinking about it that person was putting the change into his or her wallet and I looked at the money that was in and I saw that it looked really weird, like completely different than any other money I have ever seen... it was really beautiful and large and colorful and with pictures and it looked like something from a story or a fairy tail and it had really strange letters on it. So I thought yes this is an alien! But I was kinda happy about it because that person looked like a really great and nice person so I thought well if that's how the aliens are then I'm not afraid of them at all!
But then I remembered (and I don't even know for sure if I was really dreaming about that before or I was just dreaming that I remembered it) but I remembered that some time ago people were talking about a strange snake they found somewhere on Earth where there shouldn't even be snakes and that it was kinda strangely glowing yellow colour and that they said it looked like it was an alien... and then I started thinking well but why would aliens choose to look like a snake... I mean snakes are not the kindest animals on the planet so what if that means they are not really so nice but then I remembered that I have a toy snake (like a ring) on my finger (on my thumb) so maybe that means something (I am thinking soooo much even in my dreams!!!!  :P ) so then I noticed that that person started acting kinda weird and that he (or she) was crawling under the chairs. And then I thought oh they're changing into a snake! But they never really completely changed into a snake, they just got smaller and looked more like an animal... and at first it looked like a dangerous animal and it kinda moved towards me quickly with the head and I felt a pain in my arm. And first I got really scared but then I thought No I'm not going to be afraid and I put my arm and my hand towards that animal and I was trying to calm the animal with my mind and send my thoughts through my hands and it worked and the animal became really calm and nice and like a cute pet! And then I don't remember anymore.  :P  :)

Offline ahinton

• PS Silver Member
Reply #47 on: January 16, 2012, 11:00:12 PM
That probably signifies that what you'd really wanted to do was give that concert as a 5-string banjo soloist.

Many years ago when suffering from a particularly acute bout of laryngitis that escalated my temparature quie unhealthily, I did have the rare experience of dreaming something that I recalled afterwards; your post reminded me of this. I, too, was about to give a piano recital (which is a particularly daunting and fearsome prospect for a non-pianist such as me) and I walked out onto a concert platform, acknowledged an audience with all the enthusiasm of someone wishing that they weren't there and then sat before the instrument wondering what I was supposed to be playing. As one would not expect in such circumstances, there were pages on the piano's music stand - but they were blank. I stared at them intently while giving an A to an imaginary orchestra for no accountable reason, whereupon this A and some more notes began to appear upon the page before me. I resolved that all that I could do in this difficult situation was try to play what I saw before me, at sight. As I played, more notes appeared and I endeavoured to continue to play. This went on for about a page and a half, after which I was somehow saved from my ordeal by waking up in a most unpleasant sweat but at least I was sparde the ignominy of having to try to play any more. Eventually, I drifeted off to sleep and woke the next morning with my temperature having subsided somewhat, but I could recall every note of what had happened in that literally traumatic experience - so I wrote it all down and thus began my second piano sonata, which ended up as a very uneven piece. That was all a very long time ago indeed.

Best,

Alistair
Alistair Hinton
Curator / Director
The Sorabji Archive

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #48 on: January 17, 2012, 12:45:29 AM
Littletune:  I was terrible at geometry when I was in school, too. That's the math with triangles and stuff, right? Are you worried about your test? I wonder if that may be causing all these nightmares. Sometimes when we worry about something, we get nightmares. I don't like being alone, either, whether in real life or in a dream or nightmare. I understand how you feel.

Alistair: That was a very fascinating dream and it paid off in a sonata, too! Cool! I wonder if some of the composers had dreams that they turned into great works, too. I wouldn't be surprised. I enjoyed that very much.

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #49 on: January 17, 2012, 12:54:23 AM
Today I was dreaming that aliens came to Earth!  :o  :P  :)
Well it was like me and my mum were going somewhere and we saw this weird light and then it was becoming bigger and it was coming closer and then we could see the shape of the spaceship! And we got a little scared (specially me) and I said we should run away so we did and we went home and we were closing and locking the doors and windows but whenever we thought that all of the doors and windows were closed already we always found some new ones that we didn't even know how to close... and I was pretty scared and I had a feeling like the aliens were looking for me (I don't really know why).
And then just a guy appeared from somewhere and he said if we could give him some money cause he was from America and he only had American money and if we could give him just a little of our money.  ;D And he seemed really nice. So we gave him some change and we were talking to him and then I noticed that he looked a little unusual... like he had a face like a guy but the body more like a woman... so then I was thinking wow I can't even tell if this person is a girl or a guy... and then I started thinking oh maybe that's cause he's really an alien!! So when I was thinking about it that person was putting the change into his or her wallet and I looked at the money that was in and I saw that it looked really weird, like completely different than any other money I have ever seen... it was really beautiful and large and colorful and with pictures and it looked like something from a story or a fairy tail and it had really strange letters on it. So I thought yes this is an alien! But I was kinda happy about it because that person looked like a really great and nice person so I thought well if that's how the aliens are then I'm not afraid of them at all!
But then I remembered (and I don't even know for sure if I was really dreaming about that before or I was just dreaming that I remembered it) but I remembered that some time ago people were talking about a strange snake they found somewhere on Earth where there shouldn't even be snakes and that it was kinda strangely glowing yellow colour and that they said it looked like it was an alien... and then I started thinking well but why would aliens choose to look like a snake... I mean snakes are not the kindest animals on the planet so what if that means they are not really so nice but then I remembered that I have a toy snake (like a ring) on my finger (on my thumb) so maybe that means something (I am thinking soooo much even in my dreams!!!!  :P ) so then I noticed that that person started acting kinda weird and that he (or she) was crawling under the chairs. And then I thought oh they're changing into a snake! But they never really completely changed into a snake, they just got smaller and looked more like an animal... and at first it looked like a dangerous animal and it kinda moved towards me quickly with the head and I felt a pain in my arm. And first I got really scared but then I thought No I'm not going to be afraid and I put my arm and my hand towards that animal and I was trying to calm the animal with my mind and send my thoughts through my hands and it worked and the animal became really calm and nice and like a cute pet! And then I don't remember anymore.  :P  :)

This has to be one of the neatest dreams I've ever heard of, LittleTune! This alien with a face like a guy and a body of a woman! And the other worldly currency. Wow. And that strange snake. I think you should write about some of your dreams when you're doing English composition in school. All you have to do is visit this thread and re-read your dreams for ideas on what to write about. Some of your dreams are great for a fictional story or two!! I enjoyed this one very much and had a good laugh. Thank you for sharing.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert