Piano Forum

International Piano Day 2024
Piano Day is an annual worldwide event that takes place on the 88th day of the year, which in 2024 is March 28. Established in 2015, it is now well known across the globe. Every year it provokes special concerts, onstage and online, as well as radio shows, podcasts, and playlists. Read more >>

Topic: In new old out video-Chopin op10-1 waterfall  (Read 2850 times)

Offline johnmar78

• PS Silver Member
In new old out video-Chopin op10-1 waterfall
on: April 19, 2012, 05:23:07 PM
Folks, this is my 2nd attemp tonight. And a improved version of my last take a months ago. Compare it and tell me if its true ;)

This is the result of metronome ;D

NEW-

Old-  
&feature=relmfu

All feedbacks are welcome as I tried to improve further,.,

Thanks

Offline hakki

• PS Silver Member
Re: In new old out video-Chopin op10-1 waterfall
Reply #1 on: April 19, 2012, 05:42:38 PM
Congratulations!!
Of course there is improvement.
This version is better than the previous.
And if you continue to work slowly it will eventually get even better.

But still considerable number of notes are missing or not articulated enough that they sound weak compared to neighboring notes. At this stage I would recommend using some arm weight so that the volume of each note is comparable. Also playing with metronome would really help.

Good luck with this very difficult etude.

regards,

Offline candlelightpiano

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: April 19, 2012, 06:17:56 PM
Very nice, John!  Your second attempt is definitely an improvement!  Keep up the good work!

Offline costicina

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: April 19, 2012, 07:57:49 PM
Good job, John!!! Your patience and perserverance will be rewarded, I'm sure. And your approach is the right one with such demanding pieces. Keep strong!!!!

Offline rachfan

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 12:01:13 AM
Hi John,

You've worked very hard on this etude.  There are some barely sounding weak notes, and some minor slips on other notes.  The evenness of articulation is considerably improved.  So overall, it's definitely better in my opinion.  At this point I would put this piece away and let it percolate for awhile.  When you return to it in a few months, it will seem easier to you, and some problems will seem to have resolved themselves.  Very good.

David
Interpreting music means exploring the promise of the potential of possibilities.
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert