Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Song Identification Help!  (Read 1467 times)

Offline sirsmith

• PS Silver Member
Song Identification Help!
on: April 24, 2012, 05:24:01 PM
Hello, I've become desperate to find this song. I figured this would be the proper place to help me.

[ Invalid YouTube link ]

The song begins at 3:37, ends at 4:42.

Please, I've been searching for this song on/off for nearly 3 years now. I really want to find this song. Thanks~

Offline jeani

• PS Silver Member
Re: Song Identification Help!
Reply #1 on: April 25, 2012, 09:25:31 PM
Hi, It's difficult to hear over the bus sounds, and I cannot identify the song however I have a couple of suggestions.  First, it may be that it isn't so much a song as it is a sound track segment written by a composer for the background of the film.  Find out the name of the film.. it looks like a documentary put on by public television.  Find out who produced the film.  Then email the producer or the company which made it, or the station that broadcast it to get the producers number.  Then you can email or call and ask about the music behind the particular segment.. who wrote it... what it is, etc.  It may or may not be available, but if it was specifically written for the film, you may be able to find the composers name and see if anything is available by that composer, or write to them and ask for the music or piano soundtrack..mention the segment it's in.... they may be willing to send it or sell it to you, or let you know where you can get it.   If you have the film or access to it, the composer and/or name of the piece should appear on the credits somewhere at the end of it.

Offline richard_strauss

• PS Silver Member
Re: Song Identification Help!
Reply #2 on: April 26, 2012, 06:16:42 PM
It sounds like a Philip Glass' etude. I haven't listened to all of his etudes but it's worthwhile looking into it.

Currently learning:

Chopin - 24 etudes op 10 & op 25

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert