Piano Forum

Enfant Terrible or Childishly Innocent? – Prokofiev’s Complete Piano Works Now on Piano Street
In our ongoing quest to provide you with a complete library of classical piano sheet music, the works of Sergey Prokofiev have been our most recent focus. As one of the most distinctive and original musical voices from the first half of the 20th century, Prokofiev has an obvious spot on the list of top piano composers. Welcome to the intense, humorous, and lyrical universe of his complete Sonatas, Concertos, character pieces, and transcriptions! Read more >>

Topic: Henryk Melcer's First Piano Concerto in E minor?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline akpl16

• PS Silver Member
Henryk Melcer's First Piano Concerto in E minor?
on: June 04, 2012, 12:51:19 AM
Hey all,

For years, I've been looking a score of this piece, but nothing has come to my attention, and I'm terribly saddened there doesn't seem to be a copy of it (on the Internet or for sale) anywhere. Could anyone guide me to a two-piano score for it? Thanks!
"From the heart; may it find its way to the heart." -Ludwig van Beethoven

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Re: Henryk Melcer's First Piano Concerto in E minor?
Reply #1 on: June 04, 2012, 11:26:12 AM
https://www.pwm.com.pl/szczegoly.php?&Piano_Concerto_No._1_in_E_minor&grupa_p=9&przedm=128185

Still appears to be available at the PWM via print on demand.

I think my copy was a donation to the CPS.

Thal
Curator/Director
Concerto Preservation Society

Offline 49410enrique

• PS Silver Member
Reply #2 on: June 04, 2012, 12:00:15 PM
...I think my copy was a donation...

hey Thal, what's the best nation ?

Donation!

What's the best city?

Generosity!

;D **

**sorry i've know those silly things for years but felt like letting them out this morning as i've been on comedy blogs this am. my bad.

EDIT- serious question, does the CPS only accept donations of hard copy or if there was a hard to find work say on university library or conservatory reserve list (i.e cannot be checked/checked out) but students can use the library scanner for research and such, does CPS accept those? just wondering. i can't think of a single work I would have access to that you all would not have but was still curious.

also is it only an archive for two piano reductions or does it also include conductor scores? parts? what about realized parts (i.e. individual instrument's parts transcribed from conductor scores)?

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #3 on: June 04, 2012, 12:40:08 PM
The CPS is happy to accept donations in all sorts of formats whether it be digital, paper copies, hard copies or microfilm run outs. Generally speaking we prefer donations to be out of print works, albeit our holdings contain many items that are still in print.

A considerable amount of our holdings are paper copies that are in various stages of digitalization. Hard copies probably amount to no more than 500, which do contain some duplicates.

Attached is a list of our holdings which is probably about 150 to 200 works out of date and is in dire need of updating. Seperate editions of the same work are not listed and I have not bothered to list many plinkers.

Concertingly

Thal
Curator/Director

Offline thalbergmad

• PS Silver Member
Reply #4 on: June 04, 2012, 12:42:37 PM
also is it only an archive for two piano reductions or does it also include conductor scores? parts? what about realized parts (i.e. individual instrument's parts transcribed from conductor scores)?

I actively avoid full scores and parts, albeit sometimes this is not possible if a two piano reduction has not been made.

Thal
Curator/Director
For more information about this topic, click search below!

Logo light pianostreet.com - the website for classical pianists, piano teachers, students and piano music enthusiasts.

Subscribe for unlimited access

Follow us

Piano Street Digicert